The base salary range for the Product Manager role is $70-76k, with a bonus structure of 12% so total compensation of $78-85k. There is opportunity to go above that range depending on experience and expertise you bring to the role . We have an exclusive benefit package (flex benefits), pension plan, 4 weeks vacation to start, a vacation travel allowance of $2100 (tax free) and relocation assistance.
Please be advised that this position requires relocation to Whitehorse, Northwest Territories, relocation assistance is provided!
TITLE: Product Manager, IP PBX
This Product Manager, reporting directly to the Director of Broadband and IP Services and is responsible for the strategic marketing and the overall positioning and management of a portfolio of products and services in order to meet customer needs and to grow client’s business. In addition to managing existing services, the position will develop and implement new services. Currently this position will provide leadership as client transitions from a provider of traditional PBXs to IP PBXs including the organizational, training, procedural and other changes this will require. Specifically, this position will assist sales in working with our largest customers as they define their future voice and data services strategy. Knowledge of PBX technology a definite plus!
General responsibilities will include development of portfolio plans, business case development, launching of new services, revenue forecasting, product/revenue analysis and tracking, process improvement, understanding customer requirements, providing support and communication to sales and front line groups. Specific initiatives relating to individual product portfolios are assigned based on corporate objectives.
1. Oversee tactical development and product portfolio management: identify trends, undertake market analysis, identify needs, determine and evaluate alternatives, and implement plans for the profitable and timely introduction of products and services.
2. Support Sales teams and front line staff: provide accurate and relevant product and service information in the form of training material and ongoing updates with respect to service changes (e.g., feature enhancements, service availability, price changes, updating collateral). Prepare and deliver formal presentations to customer groups and participate in meetings with customers. The Product Manager is to serve as a product expert for the assigned portfolio and will work to simplify and streamline processes wherever possible.
3. Identify time lines and approach for product introduction in conjunction with the overall Market Plan. Develop and execute product plans and manage the implementation process and enhancements to existing products, services and technologies. The incumbent will work with department project managers to create and execute project plans for extensive product development initiatives.
4. Develop, conduct, analyse, and interpret market research from a competitive, economic and risk analysis perspective. Use this information to identify market opportunities for expansion, development, and improvements. In addition, ensure this research tracks competitive strategies and results effectively.
5. Produce business plans and provide input into product development for modifications/enhancements of services within Client’s market. A key responsibility of this role will be effective product lifecycle management (including growth and rationalization initiatives). Ensure documentation, especially for price changes, is prepared for CRTC filings and establish tracking mechanisms as per regulations where applicable.
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position is a key component in the development and delivery of strategic initiatives to grow revenues and increase profitability in the enterprise/government markets. The Product Manager must work effectively within marketing and across the organization to define, develop, and implement new opportunities.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
The incumbent requires a post-secondary degree in business combined with 3 to 5 year’s marketing experience, preferably in the telecommunications industry. Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are complimented by strong organizational and multi-tasking skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, customer service-focused environment. Keys to success in this position include high attention to detail with a focus on solutions, results and continuous improvement as well as sound analytical, problem solving and decision making skills. The incumbent must be adaptable to change, get personally involved in making changes happen and possess creativity, integrity and a strong work ethic. The ability to work with other professionals to accomplish corporate and departmental objectives, and to complete assigned initiatives within tight timeframes is also required.
External contacts include telecommunication companies for product and service information; customers via surveys and working with account teams; consultants for development and implementation of solutions and/or product/service offerings; and suppliers or vendors for evaluation or purchase of technical products/solutions.
Internal contacts is mainly Sales, the management team (include managers, directors, and executives) to discuss and present material related to a portfolio of products and services. This position interfaces with several departments including sales, engineering, regulatory, legal, finance, project management, training, purchasing, customer care, and IS for the effective delivery and management of all products and services.
TYPICAL PROBLEM SOLVING
The key problem solving issue for this position is the development and positioning of a portfolio of products and services in a dynamic industry characterized by intense competition, shifting customer demands, changing technology, and internal requirements to deliver strategic solutions that are both profitable and timely.
This position works in a typical office environment. The incumbent will occasionally travel throughout Client’s operating area. This position requires occasional periods of moderate continual visual concentration when developing proposals and/or marketing plans.
Located at the base of the Rocky Mountains in Whitehorse, this is an opportunity for an individual that embraces the outdoors and nature.
Keywords: Telecom, Bell Canada, Rogers Communications, Telus, Wireless Communications, Technical solutions, Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Whitehorse, Burnaby, North Vancouver, Richmond, Chestermere, Cochrane, North York, Richmond Hill, Markham, Scarborough, Etobicoke, GTA, Porter Creek, Valleyview, Riverdale Toronto Jobs Journal - 13 months ago