Intern Interaction Research
Autodesk - Toronto, ON
This job posting is no longer available on Autodesk.
Defining the future of customer experience – that’s what our Product Designers do every day.
We are looking for a Design Intern to design concepts, develop information maps, wireframes and prototypes across different browsers and platforms geared primarily towards improving our web service offerings. The intern will design mock-ups based on wireframes with the consideration of user experience best practices, and research the latest technologies and applications that could make the website more interactive and engaging. In addition, you will help make recommendations that will enhance online conversions and be involved in not only the creative strategies and development, but also work within Usability and user experience testing environments. The ideal candidate must be a proactive self-starter, capable of handling and prioritizing multiple simultaneous tasks, be adaptable to changing priorities
You have a passion for discovering and solving customer problems to design next-generation user experiences – customer delight through design innovation. As a designer, you will bring your knowledge of Interaction Design and usability methods to gain deep insight into new and existing product user. The right candidate must possess an ability to see years beyond the immediate challenges and help craft solutions that respond to these challenges. An interest in Games and Animation software is an asset. This role supports our Design and Development as well as Product Management teams
Meet the Team:
The team is concerned with defining the user experience for our customers, with a focus on emerging Autodesk web applications.
- Translating user research into design solutions and concepts
- Design mock-ups, functional wireframes, product/site architecture, page flows and screen layouts with consideration given to user-centred design methodologies
- Work with other UX designers to implement designs
- Ability to produce platform-agnostic designs that allow for cross-browser, cross-platform and device compliant code to be successfully implemented
- Currency with emerging trends, technologies and applications as related to UI/UX strategies
- Help conduct usability testing to determine how designs are accepted by end users
- Enrolled in Interaction Design, Psychology, Human Factors or related HCI discipline, as well as demonstrated proficiency and experience in user interface/experience design
- A current portfolio demonstrating a user-centric approach to user experience design as well as strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to design elegant and engaging user interfaces for web design and related technologies
- Knowledge of common graphic design packages in order to produce basic layouts and manipulate images (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, and Illustrator)
- Understanding of design for various platforms
- Strong verbal and written communication skills Strong time management skills with a demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects and complete work within allocated time frames
- Can work with minimal supervision, willing to take initiative.
- Ability to produce low to mid-fidelity interactive prototypes
Download FREE (full-feature) versions of Autodesk products for students at http://students.autodesk.com/
As a global leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, Autodesk helps people imagine, design, and create a better world. Autodesk accelerates better design through an unparalleled depth of experience and a broad portfolio of software to give customers the power to solve their design, business, and environmental challenges. In addition to designers, architects, engineers, and media and entertainment professionals, Autodesk helps students, educators, and casual creators unlock their creative ideas through user-friendly applications.
- 3 years ago
View Indeed in: Mobile - Classic