Our successful collaborations with leading healthcare organizations with Canadian Headquarters in Canada have resulted in a proven record of performance that includes increased patient, employee and visitor satisfaction; improved employee morale and retention; enhanced operational efficiency and service excellence. The company is recognized as one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" by the Ethisphere Institute, as the industry leader in FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies," and as one of America's Largest Private Companies by both FORTUNE and
You will be hard pressed to find a career opportunity that is as rewarding, exciting, and good for your professional development as this one.
After several years absence from this beautiful Northern Manitoba location ARAMARK Healthcare has returned to manage its food, dietetic, housekeeping, and laundry services. But it's more than that. In your care will be an entire community center that includes a cafeteria, day care, swimming pool, community meeting center, and other sites. This is a true northern community that is inclusive and welcoming and its aboriginal people are some of the most hospitable in all of Canada. Known for its eco-tourism and hunting & fishing, this region is a very busy place year round.
As the Support Services Manager you will lead and support a team of 15-20 unionized staff in the provision of the aforementioned services. You will be in charge of developing and implementing department specific service programs, financial management, and quality assurance.
What's in it for you?
great base salary
northern living allowance of $248 per pay
recession proof pension plan
almost immediate medical/dental benefits coverage
vacation in year one (starting at 4 weeks)
accelerated career mobility
- Assists clients Managers to determine the needs of the operations and ensures the appropriate resources from ARAMARK are engaged.
- Ensures compliance to established company policies and procedures, in conjunction with NHA policies.
- Assist Client in compliance with local, provincial and federal laws and regulations.
- Coordinates activities with other districts and support departments to deliver agreed upon saving and deliverables to client
- Performs operational audits of facilities and help the client Managers to initiate improvements to optimize financial performance, operational productivity, and to ensure conformance with ARAMARK, government, and accrediting agency standards, regulations, and codes regarding food storage, preparation, sanitation, and record keeping.
- Monitors and ensures development of realistic district financial plans and forecasts in conjunction with client.
- Works with Client to ensure that each facility's financial performance meets or exceeds ARAMARK and client forecasts.
- Establishes and maintains effective client and customer relations.
- Ensures proper use of customer attitude/ customer satisfaction surveys for the benefit of implementing Systems/processes to result in continuous improvement of outcomes.
- Participates actively in the sales process; conducts client negotiations and coordinates documentation of contract changes.
- Establishes and maintains effective community relations.
University or College diploma in Food & Nutrition and/or business administration
A minimum of 5 years multi-unit management experience in the Long Term Care and/or Acute Care industry
Strong financial controls, food/equipment procurement, production and service systems and business ethics.
Competent with analyzing marketing trends & determining appropriate implementation strategies
Strong leadership, communication, interpersonal, and time management skills
As the candidate of choice you have experience in leading a team in a dietetic environment such as a hospital, long-term care, or retirement home. You are adventurous, compassionate, and a strong leader that is results focused and outcome driven.
To apply please go to our career website at
and search under job number
to apply directly to this position.
Please note that only candidates that meet the requirements for this position will be contacted.
We thank you for your interest!
Food Service Management
Associate's Degree/College Diploma (±13 years)
- 15 months ago