POSTING NO. 108433
The City of Winnipeg is recruiting Maintenance Workers for the Transit Department's Plant & Equipment Division.
This is a temporary full time position.
Applicants to this position must be able to perform a variety of duties, on a relief basis, within the following 5 classifications: Bus Servicer, General Helper, Janitor, Labourer and Farebox Handler.
1. High School graduate or equivalent with a minimum of 1 year working experience in an industrial environment.
2. Must have a valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver's Licence with Air Brake Endorsement or Instructional Air Brakes.
APPLICANTS THAT DO NOT HAVE THE AIR BRAKES REQUIREMENT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
PLEASE ATTACH A COPY OF YOUR LICENCE TO YOUR RESUME.
3. Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. This includes the ability to understand written and verbal instructions.
4. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and the public.
5. Must be able and willing to work shifts and perform varied hours of work.
6. Must be free of any physical restrictions that would prevent performing the labouring aspects or other duties associated with the classifications assigned.
7. Must be able to work in a shop environment and outdoors, which includes extreme weather conditions.
1. All applicants must submit a detailed resume, including copy of Drivers License and a current Drivers Abstract.
**RESUMES RECEIVED WITH OUT DRIVER LICENCE INFORMATION WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.**
2. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a medical assessment at the Occupational Health Branch.
3. A Criminal Record Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate(s), at their expense.
Resumes will be kept on file for consideration for 6 months.
ONLINE APPLICANTIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
A comprehensive salary and benefits package is offered. Interested applicants should submit a complete resume and all required documentation attached, indicating Posting Number 108433 to: Dierdre Schultz, Recruitment Coordinator, 421 Osborne Street Winnipeg, MB R3L 2A2. Applications will be accepted until December 31, 2012.
EMAIL RESUME WITH COPIES OF DRIVERS LICENSE AND DRIVERS ABSTRACT TO email@example.com
OR SUBMIT RESUME WITH COPIES OF DRIVERS LICENSE AND DRIVERS ABSTRACT TO:
Dierdre Schultz, Recruitment Coordinator, 421 Osborne Street, Winnipeg, MB R3L 2A2
Only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted.
WE SEEK DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKPLACE. ABORIGINAL PERSONS, WOMEN, VISIBLE MINORITIES,
AND INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO SELF-DECLARE.
City of Winnipeg on-line:
Online Application Form
THE CITY OF
WINNIPEG IS AN EMPLOYMENT EQUITY EMPLOYER
ABORIGINAL PERSONS, WOMEN, VISIBLE
MINORITIES AND INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO SELF-DECLARE IN
THEIR COVERING LETTER
City of Winnipeg
- 11 months ago