Chemist, Analytical R&D
Apotex - Greater Toronto Area, ON
This job posting is no longer available on Apotex.
Please note this is a one year contract opportunity
Under guidance of Supervisor or senior chemist, responsible for performing all activities in AR&D QC pertaining to full testing of API, in-process, stability samples and finished dosages. Acts as a key member in the project working team.
- As per specifications, performs initial testing as well as testing of stability samples, in-process and raw materials.
- Under guidance of senior chemist, performs validation of analytical testing procedure for drug substance and drug product.
- Conducts other tests required for dosage submissions.
- Documents and reports results as per established SOP’s.
- Performs additional related duties, as assigned, in accordance with job responsibilities and necessary departmental objectives.
- Work as a member of a team to achieve all outcomes.
- Demonstrates corporate values in the performance of the work and interactions with others.
- Performs all work in accordance with all established regulatory, compliance and safety requirements.
- Recognized post secondary education in analytical chemistry, organic chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, or related field.
- BSc with 1 year or MSc with 0 year experience in a pharmaceutical lab in an R&D environment.
- Knowledge of wet chemistry, analytical bench techniques, Window-based software.
- Knowledge of automated data acquisition systems is an asset.
- Working knowledge of GC is an asset.
- Good written and verbal English communication skills.
- 3 years ago
View Indeed in: Mobile - Classic