is a global provider of professional technical and management support
services to a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities,
environmental, energy, water and government. With approximately 50,000
employees around the world, AECOM is a leader in all of
markets that it serves. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local
knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering solutions
that enhance and sustain the world's built, natural and social
environments. A Fortune 500 company, AECOM serves clients in more than
100 countries and has annual revenue in excess of $6 billion. More
information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
We create comprehensive delivery solutions for water, wastewater and
wet weather systems, desalination, water resources, water reuse, tunneling,
and community infrastructure through traditional and alternative
delivery services such as program management and design-build.
Our Canada Central Water practice is seeking a Senior Project Manager /Engineer to lead our Community Infrastructure practice in the
Kitchener/Waterloo/Guelph/Brantford market area. Sitting in our
Kitchener office the successful candidate would be responsible for:
- Leading a multi-disciplinary team to undertake municipal/ community infrastructure projects.
Business Development in the market area including implementing
marketing plans and attracting new business/preparing proposals.
Apply proven experience to municipal infrastructure, preliminary and
detailed design of storm and sanitary collection systems,
water distribution systems, subdivision design, pumping stations, Class Environmental Assessments.
- Manage contract specifications, tender documents, and applications for Approvals, etc.
- Organize project teams to support project design and execution.
Oversee and manage construction phases of projects to ensure works are
completed as per contract specifications, on time and budget.
- Mentor junior, intermediate engineering and senior staff.
Managing client relationships and maintaining regular client contact to
solicit feedback on project performance, and taking appropriate
actions to remedy perceived deficiencies.
- Implement corporate safety policies & programs.
- Represent AECOM in relevant professional organizations.
Monitor project delivery against established budgets, schedules and
quality and provide support and guidance to design lead personnel as
- Manage projects, administer contracts and control budgets.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Engineering degree in Civil, Water/Wastewater, Environmental or Municipal Engineering from an accredited University.
A minimum of 10-15 years experience in both planning, design and
contract supervision/administration of storm and sanitary collection
and water distribution systems and other municipal infrastructure
- Professional Engineer designation.
8+ years of Project Management experience in the municipal industry.
The PMP designation is preferred although not necessary.
Complete understanding of water/wastewater service renewal requirements,
current legislature governing the Environmental Assessment Process, and
current approvals requirements.
- Experience working with clients in both the public and private sectors.
- Previous consulting experience essential.
- Proven track record in contract management, proposal writing, business development and client liaison.
- Strategic, analytical and practical thinker.
- Ability to analyze issues and determine priorities in an environment of tight and conflicting deadlines.
- Customer service driven.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- A positive attitude and team based interpersonal skills is essential. What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- 11 months ago