AMEC - Toronto, ON
AMEC NSS - Job Opportunities
Secure your future in Canada’s dynamic nuclear industry
Be part of an exciting industry that provides challenge and opportunities for growth and development.
is a rapidly growing engineering, nuclear safety and technical analysis company. We provide specialized services primarily to the power generation industry. Headquartered in downtown Toronto, AMEC NSS has a staff approaching 500, and we provide technical solutions to more than 50 clients world wide. We are a member of the AMEC global family, which is a leading supplier of high-value consultancy, engineering and project management services to the world’s energy, power and process industries with a staff of 27,000 in 40 countries.
Our work involves performing safety and engineering analyses using state-of-the-art engineering and analysis software, and interfacing with other engineering disciplines. Staff will provide technical support to operating nuclear plants.
As a dynamic and multi-faceted organization,
- Takes the lead role in engineering design and support for nuclear plant refurbishment and new build;
- Develops inspection, fitness for service, and lifecycle management programs for power generation components and systems;
- Provides nuclear safety analysis, engineering analysis and licensing support to operating nuclear power plants in Canada and abroad and in support of nuclear refurbishment and new generation;
- Provides project and technical management of complex multi-disciplinary engineering and analytical projects;
- Manages and executes large engineering programs;
- Provides technical interface with specialist regulatory staff;
- Participates in the lifecycle of computer codes used in safety and engineering analysis;
- Participates in the development of new analytical methods and models;
- Provides technical direction of experimental research programs; and
- Provides fitness for service assessments for components and plants.
also provides significant on-site support to both operating and refurbished units. Services at site include:
- On-site project management and execution of large-scale engineering programs and projects;
- Implementation of multi-disciplined plant design modifications;
- Field engineering;
- Health physics and radiation protection;
- Low and intermediate level radioactive waste management;
- Plant operations and engineering;
- Technical assessments and emergent troubleshooting/engineering to support refurbishment and operating unit work week schedules and critical path;
- Commissioning and system engineering;
- Provision of configuration management and quality assurance services.
We are currently looking for qualified staff from entry level to senior management to work at our head office and client sites. Staff are sought for positions, with attributes as follows:
- Individuals with degrees in Mechanical, Civil, Materials, Chemical, Electrical/l&C and Nuclear Engineering/Engineering Physics, Mathematics/Statistics or Natural Science.
- Specific experience in the nuclear industry is not a requirement for all engineering roles. We welcome applicants from other industries.
- Familiarity with relevant codes and standards is desired along with a strong understanding of and commitment to meeting superior quality assurance requirements.
- Flexibility to perform work over a wide range of areas for both operating and new facilities.
- For those interested in engineering roles, applicants should hold or be eligible for Professional Engineering designation in Ontario.
These positions will appeal to qualified people seeking to enhance their career development through commitment to superior performance, enthusiasm to be part of a growing business and desire for personal growth.
AMEC NSS offer very competitive compensation and benefit packages. Candidates with exceptional experience will be considered for higher level positions.
Qualified applicants, please apply directly on-line. Please include a cover letter and resume.
AMEC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment.
By submitting your personal profile and resume, you consent to AMEC sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.
- 2 years ago
View Indeed in: Mobile - Classic