Responsible for the calibration, preventative maintenance, repair, decommission and qualification of laboratory instrumentation under the direction of Supervisor. The laboratory instruments will be HPLC, Dissolution Apparatus, Balances, UV/VIS Spectrophotometers and other analytical equipment.
1. Identify and address all potential Health and Safety hazards in a timely manner. Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
2. Adhere to all SOP (Standard Operating Procedure), GLP (Good Laboratory Practice) and regulatory requirements to produce accurate and compliant results.
3. Performs the cleaning, inspection and preventative maintenance of laboratory instrumentation. Completes the documentation associated with these activities.
4. Perform the calibration and qualification of laboratory instrumentation. Completes the documentation associated with these activities.
5. Participate in decommission and relocation of lab equipment. Completes the documentation associated with these activities.
6. Perform basic repairs of laboratory instrumentation through utilization of skills and technique developed during preventative maintenance.
7. Perform housekeeping tasks as assigned (chemical inventory, filing, etc.) and perform GMP self-audit with other chemist.
8. Maintain and organize individual/department parts inventory to ensure efficient completion of laboratory instrumentation maintenance and repair.
9. Monitor and report to the Supervisor/designate the status of the active projects at all stages in a proactive manner.
10. Interprets and documents all results, calculations and observations associated with job responsibilities in a compliant fashion.
11. Prepare quantitative and qualitative standards for calibration.
12. Responsible for reviewing calibration, preventative/corrective maintenance and qualification data in accordance with SOP, cGMP, GLP and regulatory guidelines.
13. Performs additional related duties as assigned.
- University degree or College diploma in Chemistry or related field with a minimum of 2 years of relevant lab work experience.
- Proven organisation and time management skills, as demonstrated through previous experience.
- Proven mechanical aptitude, problem solving and instrument troubleshooting skills.
- Proficiency in Written and Verbal English communication.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, other Microsoft office programs, and laboratory software packages, where appropriate.
- 10 months ago