The Ontario Clean Water Agency (OCWA) is a Crown Agency of the Ontario Public Service that operates over 500 water and wastewater facilities in the province of Ontario on behalf of more than 180 clients and their distribution and collection services.
If you are an experienced, motivated and team-oriented individual, consider this exciting opportunity to join OCWA to implement comprehensive corporate programs pertaining to environmental compliance, health and safety within the Lambton East Cluster in accordance with all relevant legislation, acts and regulations by establishing process control systems to treat water and/or wastewater systems.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role you will:
- Plan, manage and coordinate the day-to-day operations of the facilities
- Support and promote a productive team environment that fosters a culture of excellence and creates an inclusive workplace
- Ensure operating compliance and conformance with existing legislation and management systems
- Plan and direct overall operations to ensure safety, excellent performance, competitive business practices, and promote profitability
- Collaborate with other management team members to set business development targets, pursue business opportunities, and develop budgets
- Maintain contractual obligations with Municipal clients and customers
How do I qualify?
- Must be qualified to operate as Overall Responsible Operator and on-call support.
- Class G Driver's license.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Comprehensive general knowledge of and experience in managing water and wastewater treatment, operations, maintenance and administration.
- Sound knowledge of related legislation, codes, standards, policies, and quality assurance and client service principles and practices.
- Profound understanding of the related business environment and commitment to corporate strategies and goals.
- Ability to obtain certification to the highest level of the facilities.
Communication, Political Acuity, and Relationship Management Skills
- Ability to model outstanding team leadership, managerial and coordinating skills, initiative, innovativeness, decisiveness and support for considered, rational risk-taking.
- Strong understanding of and commitment to providing competitive, commercialized services in a client-driven business.
- Very strong analytical and evaluating skills, to assess administrative and technical needs and capabilities, thoroughly appreciate the implications of options, make major administrative, construction and operating decisions, solve complex problems, and direct projects.
- Superior interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communications, assertiveness, consensus-building skills and diplomacy, smooth presentation skills.
Other Essential Skills
- Knowledge of financial resources management to develop and management department budget.
- Knowledge of procurement policies and procedures to oversee all stages of acquisition of goods and services and prepare RFQs and RFPs.
- Knowledge of human resources management practices, policies and guidelines.
- PC proficiency.
- A defined benefit pension plan
- Maternity and parental leave top-up benefits which includes adoptive parents
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Life and Disability insurance
- A progressive work environment that promotes a work/life balance
- Flexible learning and development opportunities
- Opportunities for career advancement and specialization through a wide range of career fields within the Ontario Public Service
1 Permanent, 6707 Camlachie Road, Camlachie, West Region
Management Compensation Plan
Management and General
Friday, June 22, 2012
How to apply:
You must submit your application using only one of the methods identified below.
Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources .
Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
Be sure to quote the Job ID number for this position.
OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
Send application to:
Ontario Clean Water Agency
1100 Dearness Drive, Unit 18
London N6E 1N9
The deadline to apply is Monday, July 9, 2012 11:59 pm EDT . Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be provided in both English and French on the website. Positions that are not designated bilingual are not translated and are displayed in English only on both the English and French versions of the website.
Les annonces d'emploi pour les postes désignés bilingues sont publiées en anglais et en français sur le site Web. Les annonces pour les postes qui ne sont pas désignés bilingues ne sont pas traduites et elles figurent en anglais seulement, tant dans la version française que dans la version anglaise du site.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer.
We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Ontario Public Service
- 12 months ago