Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, Urban Systems is an employee-owned inter-disciplinary consulting firm based in Western Canada. In business since 1975, we have almost four decades of experience working with a variety of clients including all levels of government, First Nations, commercial and residential land developers, and the natural resource sector. Our team of over 300 people, across eight branch offices, is committed to helping build vibrant communities of all sizes.
At Urban Systems, we feel our people are our most important asset. We make significant investments in our people, which is why we take great care to hire only those who we believe will thrive in Urban Systems over the long term. We’ve become recognized as a workplace of choice by nurturing a unique corporate culture that sets us apart from the rest and provides:
Challenging and interesting work;
Stable, employee-owned company;
A positive, flexible and supportive work atmosphere;
Collaborative, team based approach;
Ongoing career growth and development; and
Meaningful rewards and recognition.
About the Opportunity
Over the past ten years, our office in Edmonton has grown into a dynamic and active office. The growth in the area has provided our practitioners with tremendous career growth opportunities. The Edmonton office is comprised of 45 full time staff, largely made up of young, enthusiastic professionals who believe that fun, flexibility and success should all come together to provide a rewarding career.
As a result of continued demand for our services, we are growing our Landscape Architecture practice. Our landscape skills are applied to create special places in many aspects of the urban, rural and natural environments. We are engaged in projects ranging from parks and open space developments to complex downtown revitalizations, commercial sites, resorts, campuses and residential communities. We should also emphasize that integrated stormwater management and environmental restoration/reclamation are central aspects/core activities of the Edmonton branch and are a large component of the Landscape Architecture work in this branch As part of the Edmonton team, you will apply your skills to our existing clients in Alberta and British Columbia and explore new opportunities to build relationships and grow the landscape architectural component. We will also look for you to mentor the existing landscape team members through technical and consultancy support and provide opportunities for continued professional development of the team.
If this describes your background, your skills and your natural talents, please visit our website for more information and send your resume and covering letter along with a completed Candidate Questionnaire (available for download on our website under “Join Our Team”) to firstname.lastname@example.org .
“Edmonton – Landscape Architecture Leader” in the subject line of your application.
Deadline for applications:
Friday, August 24th, 2012
Our preferred candidate will have a degree in Landscape Architecture or Environmental Design/Planning combined with seven (7) or more years in design, approvals and construction as well as strong knowledge of the Alberta marketplace and is a great client liaison. In particular, we are looking for an individual who:
Wants to make a difference in the communities that you live and work
Is driven to provide the highest quality of service to our clients
Wants to be part of building vibrant communities
Would like to be a part of a leading edge consultancy, working side-by-side with clients to develop and deliver priorities; as opposed to responding to proposal calls
In addition, our ideal candidate would possess the following skills, strengths and interests:
- You are a self-starter who is interested in developing the practice with existing and new clients
- You are someone who thrives in team environments and plays the role of integrator between various disciplines
- You are motivated by a desire to provide excellent service to our internal and external clients
- You have the ability to develop and nurture positive interpersonal relationships with people from varying backgrounds including team members, clients and partners
- You are a mentor and a great team leader
- You are a designer with a desire to develop innovative, workable and high quality solutions to multi-dimensional programs and challenges
- You possess excellent detail design and contract document production skills
- You have demonstrated integrated stormwater management and aquatic environmental restoration design skills
- LEED AP designation
- You have demonstrated writing abilities
- You are committed to learning through the ongoing achievement of personal and professional goals
- You are committed to environmental sustainability in both your professional and personal life
- You are eligible for registration with the Alberta Association of Landscape Architects
Degree in Landscape Architecture or Environmental Design/Planning
August 3, 2012
American Society of Landscape Architects
- 10 months ago