Sr Software Engineer
Autodesk - Toronto, ON
As Build and Release Engineering is a highly service oriented function, we are looking for motivated individuals who take pride in providing prompt and high quality service to their internal customers and stakeholders. If you have a passion for BRE and understand the challenges of maintaining the quality of a product through the defining and enforcement of BRE systems, then this opportunity is for you.
This position involves implementing, deploying and maintaining configuration management tools and practices for all Autodesk Media & Entertainment products such as the award-winning products Autodesk 3ds Max and Maya running on Microsoft Windows, Linux and Mac OSX. You will be actively interface with product development, quality assurance and documentation teams thus providing an excellent opportunity to be involved in different aspects of the product development process.
As the world's leading design software and digital content company, Autodesk is one of the top 5 Fortune world's most admired computer software companies. Whether you're making a 3-D movie in Hollywood, a corn-harvesting machine in Italy or building a highway network in Thailand, chances are you're using design software made by Autodesk. At Autodesk, it takes knowledge and experience, and people like you: people with the passion to make a difference and the power to help our customers' visions become reality.
- Work with product teams to effectively deliver quality products on time and resolve build issues as necessary.
- Responsible for administrative management of Autodesk's software version control repository and the defect tracking system.
- Maintenance and development of tools and processes to support our product development infrastructure and environment.
- Work with IT team on Management of hardware for build and release farm as well as development infrastructure.
- Document processes and workflows used by release management team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 3 years of experience with development and managing software build environments that support multiple ongoing development efforts
- Experience with source control systems such as Perforce.
- Experience with multiple platforms administration including Windows, Mac OSX and Linux (or other Unix base platform)
- Strong working experience with scripting languages especially Python and Perl.
- Good understanding of database technologies, in particular SQL and Oracle.
- Proficient with Windows development tools: Visual Studio, Visual C++ and Java.
- Working experience with web based client-server environment and web development tools such as CGI and XML is highly desirable.
- Working experience with IBM Build Forge, VMware vSphere, and proficient in Java and C++ are pluses.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer interaction skills and customer-service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to focus on and complete tasks on time
- Good understanding of software configuration management practices
- Familiarity with Agile software engineering practices
- 2 years ago
View Indeed in: Mobile - Classic