If you have the talent and drive, consider a fast-moving career with Canada Post. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Manager to assume overall accountability for retail business, collection, processing and delivery for the local area. Under the general direction of the Local Area Director, you will work to develop and implement an effective long-term strategy designed to meet corporate, operational and local area objectives. Acting as a coach and mentor, you will develop high performance teams and achieve business growth by building and maintaining effective relationships throughout the community.
The successful candidate will:
Job requirements (Education and Work experience):
- Plan and manage all postal activities in accordance with prescribed procedures and practices for the local area and work with other Managers to achieve a coordinated divisional approach
- Manage all retail operations within the local area in order to meet targets and overall profitability
- Ensure that schedules, deadlines, productivity, cost and quality standards are adhered to
- Evaluate day-to-day operations to anticipates issues, resolve problem areas, and implement productivity improvements
- Work with Sales, Retail and Customer Service Representatives to implement sales programs
- Sustain a productive labour relations environment through the administration of Collective Agreements
- Promote training, attendance management and occupational health and fleet safety programs
- Grow the business and increase market share in identified industries and across the customer base
- Identify facility, equipment and vehicle requirements and ensure that all are maintained at a high standard that reflects well on the Corporation and its employees
- Ensure that a long-term strategy is developed and implemented to achieve corporate, operational and local area objectives
- Work closely with the local area team to develop and implement plans and activities to achieve business, financial and strategic objectives
- Enhance the corporate image through new business partnerships and a strong community presence
- Develop customer plans and strategies to improve product/service delivery and levels of customer satisfaction as well as increase customer knowledge of CPC products and services
- Engage the local area team in continuous improvement through the business excellence model
- Effectively communicate organizational goals, strategies and objectives to the team
- Develop and implement business plan to achieve financial goals and service performance targets
- Ensure that safety, revenue, productivity, cost and quality standards are adhered too
Canada Post offers:
- Post secondary ( University / College) and/ or equivalent experience
- 3-5 year’s progressive management experience with similar responsibility
- At least 2 years of operations experience
- Team building and leadership skills and experience
A total compensation package
- Competitive salary
- Annual incentive program
- Comprehensive individual and family benefits coverage
- Vacation and leave options
- Defined Contribution Component of the Canada Post Corporation Registered Pension Plan
A strong community of employees
- Our employees drive innovation and ensure that our business continues to evolve to meet our customers' changing needs
The satisfaction of a job well done
- You'll be part of a winning team that touches the lives of millions
Supervisory and Management Skills
Careers that deliver:
Discover an exciting career with unlimited potential at Canada Post. Recognised as one of Canada’s Top 50 Corporate Citizens, the Most Iconic Brand and the most trusted public institution, we offer one of the most dynamic workplaces in the country. As one of Canada’s 100 Top Employers for four years in a row (2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010) we’re committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to realize our vision of becoming a world leader.
Canada Post is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that mirrors the Canadian labour force. As a result, candidates from the four Equity groups (women, Aboriginal peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities) are encouraged to self-identify.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Persons with a disability preventing them from applying on-line should contact our help-line at 1-877-427-7717.
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Conditions of Employment
Reliability and Security:
Various levels depending on position - minimum Enhanced Reliability
Candidates must maintain a valid reliability / security clearance throughout the duration of employment.
For this selection process, we may find that email is the most efficient way to communicate with you. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required. Candidates who apply to selection processes should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users (some email systems block these types of email). Also, please check your email everyday as we may be inviting you to attend an interview or write a test for this job and we will be expecting a quick reply from you. If you are not able to access your email for a period of time (i.e. Vacation) failure to respond will indicate to our recruiters that you are no longer interested in being considered for the job opportunity and therefore, you will be removed from the competition process.
The screening board cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate IN THEIR COVER LETTER/RESUME how they meet the education and experience factors listed in the qualifications. Failure to provide this information will result in your application being rejected.
Your résumé must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements.
- 11 months ago