If you have ambition, talent and drive, consider a fast-moving career with Canada Post. We are currently seeking an on-call Post Office Assistant who will use a customer-focussed approach when providing counter services to customers.
The ideal candidate should reside in the community. Applicants within a 50 km radius of the Post Office may be considered as needed.
The successful candidate will:
Job requirements (Education and Work experience)::
- Sell postal products and service to the business community and public
- Sort, distribute and process mail into appropriate classifications
- Provide customers with information and forms
- Address delivery and service difficulties to resolve problems thoroughly and quickly
- On occasion, set postage meter machines
Other information about this job::
CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE:
- High school or provincial equivalency and/or experience in business administration
- Training and/or experience interacting with the public in a retail and/or service environment, including sales and cash transactions
- Understanding of general or post office accounting systems.
- Physically fit to lift mail containers of up to 30 kilograms, push or pull boxes, sort mail and stand for extended periods of time
- Flexibility to be available for temporary, on-call work
Canada Post offers:
- Proof of employment
- A character reference letter
- Competitive pay
- Potential for permanent opportunities
- A strong community of employees: Our employees drive innovation and ensure that our business continues to evolve to meet our customers' changing needs
- The satisfaction of a job well done: You'll be part of a winning team that touches the lives of millions
Communication skills (written and oral)
Handling Cash Transactions
Lifting & Carrying (up to 30 kgs)
Retail and Selling
Working with the Public
Careers that deliver:
Discover an exciting career with unlimited potential at Canada Post. Recognised as one of Canada’s Top 50 Corporate Citizens, the Most Iconic Brand and the most trusted public institution, we offer one of the most dynamic workplaces in the country. As one of Canada’s 100 Top Employers for four years in a row (2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010) we’re committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to realize our vision of becoming a world leader.
Canada Post is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that mirrors the Canadian labour force. As a result, candidates from the four Equity groups (women, Aboriginal peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities) are encouraged to self-identify.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Persons with a disability preventing them from applying on-line should contact our help-line at 1-877-427-7717.
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Conditions of Employment
Reliability and Security:
Various levels depending on position - minimum Enhanced Reliability
Candidates must maintain a valid reliability / security clearance throughout the duration of employment.
For this selection process, we may find that email is the most efficient way to communicate with you. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required. Candidates who apply to selection processes should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users (some email systems block these types of email). Also, please check your email everyday as we may be inviting you to attend an interview or write a test for this job and we will be expecting a quick reply from you. If you are not able to access your email for a period of time (i.e. Vacation) failure to respond will indicate to our recruiters that you are no longer interested in being considered for the job opportunity and therefore, you will be removed from the competition process.
The screening board cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate IN THEIR COVER LETTER/RESUME how they meet the education and experience factors listed in the qualifications. Failure to provide this information will result in your application being rejected.
Your résumé must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements.
- 13 months ago