Intern Design Research
Autodesk - Toronto, ON
This job posting is no longer available on Autodesk.
Defining the future of customer experience – that’s what our Product Designers do every day.
They have a clear passion for discovering and solving customer problems to design next-generation user experiences – customer delight through design innovation. As a designer, you will bring your knowledge of Interaction Design and usability methods to gain deep insight into new and existing product user.
The right candidate must possess an ability to see years beyond the immediate challenges and help craft solutions that respond to these challenges. An interest in Games and Animation software is an asset.
This role supports our Design and Development as well as Product Management teams
- Conduct user research to define user stories and personas for next generation mobile and cloud initiatives
- Craft the user experience as part of new initiatives or refinement of existing initiatives
- Review designs with internal and external stakeholders for usability and workflow validation
- Work with other UX designers and UX architecture to implement designs
- Work within an AGILE development process.
- Document and present research to various audiences
- Manage ad-hoc reporting requests from product designers and product managers
- Help drive change by communicating findings to stakeholders in the company
- Provide information for design reviews and suggest design alternatives
- Build relationships across the organization, with technical and non-technical groups
- Dialogue with cross-functional teams (from product management to designers and development)
- Currently enrolled in Human Factors, Psychology, Usability Engineering, Human Computer Interaction or a related field
- Excellent command of user experience and usability methods, design principles, problem-framing skills.
- Strong working experience performing Heuristic Evaluations, Task Analysis, Contextual Inquiries, Ethnographic, Focus Group Competitive Benchmarking, etc...
- Self-directed, willing to take initiative.
- Ability to communicate design goals based on user-centered design principles
- Experience designing for web and mobile applications is an asset
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to explain your design decisions
- Passion for designing compelling user experiences
- Can work with minimal supervision
Download FREE (full-feature) versions of Autodesk products for students at http://students.autodesk.com/
As a global leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, Autodesk helps people imagine, design, and create a better world. Autodesk accelerates better design through an unparalleled depth of experience and a broad portfolio of software to give customers the power to solve their design, business, and environmental challenges. In addition to designers, architects, engineers, and media and entertainment professionals, Autodesk helps students, educators, and casual creators unlock their creative ideas through user-friendly applications.
- 3 years ago
View Indeed in: Mobile - Classic