– Edmonton or Toronto
Honeywell has been selected as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2010. For a second year in a row, we also ranked 3rd on Fortune 500's Most Admired Companies list. We are proud to be on both these prestigious lists and we are delighted to be recognized for our best practices.
Honeywell Automation and Control Solutions (ACS) is a $12 billion strategic business group applying sensing and control expertise that helps create safer, more comfortable, more secure, and more energy efficient and productive environments.
Honeywell Process Solutions (HPS) is a $2 billion strategic business unit that forms part of the ACS business group. It improves the productivity and profitability of industrial facilities on every continent around the world. HPS offers a full range of automation and control solutions to key vertical markets, including Energy, Pulp & Paper, and Chemicals/Pharmaceuticals, and develops/markets industrial automation systems and advanced software applications.
We are looking to add an Application Support Analyst working in our office in Toronto ON. Our support center is open Monday to Friday 8AM - 5PM. The candidate would be responsible for supporting our Matrikon Suite line of products, which includes Operational Insight™, Control Performance Monitor™, Alarm Manager™ , Equipment Condition Monitor™ and custom solutions.
We are looking to add an Technical Analyst working in our office in Edmonton or Toronto, Canada. Our Edmonton support center is open Monday to Friday 8AM – 5PM and the successful candidate would work within these hours. The candidate would be responsible for supporting our Powered by Matrikon line of products, which includes Operational Insight™, Control Performance Monitor™, Alarm Manager™ and Equipment Condition Monitor™.
The Application Support Analyst will receive, document and resolve client application issues; track incident resolution/client satisfaction; track software defects and feature requests; write technical procedures; maintain expert product knowledge level; minor programming/scripting; some software testing; knowledgebase article creation and maintenance; and other related tasks as required.
The scope of the work in the product support group at Honeywell is quite different then a typical support environment. Put simply, we are NOT a call center, the majority of our client requests are not expected to be answered on the first call and our reps only spend 10-15% of their time on the phone. The remainder of the time is spent researching the issues, troubleshooting via a remote connection, reproducing the clients’ environment in house and working with our development teams as required. There are also opportunities to travel to client site to provide on-site support, training and installation/upgrade services.
Our client base also differs from a standard support environment in that we are dealing with professionals in an industrial setting rather than private consumers. We provide support for both our internal implementation teams as well as our external clients (the end users). Both of our client groups are typically university educated with a strong Engineering or IT background.
If you are ready to take you career to the next level, enjoy working as part of a team and most importantly enjoy the challenges associated with consulting with our clients on complex product and application issues, then we would like to speak with you!
Our success was built by our people. Our incredible growth over the past ten years has created an environment of opportunity that is driven by challenging work - the perfect niche for bright and ambitious individuals to thrive together.
If you match the profile of the person we seek, please submit your up-to-date resume and cover letter clearly outlining how you meet our required qualifications.
- 3-5 yrs of Previous Customer Care experience in a technical Support Center environment.
- Minimum 2 yr college degree in computer/technical field;
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Motivated self-starter that has the ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment;
- Ability to learn new skills, software, and technologies rapidly and independently;
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical reasoning and creative problem solving skills;
- Comfortable dealing with multiple and varied assignments;
- Aptitude to learn new technologies quickly;
- Microsoft Windows configuration;
- Understanding of web architecture and technologies;
- Understanding of Database architectures, experience with Microsoft SQL Server an asset
- Leadership and/or mentoring of junior team members, including training of new hires;
- Development and maintenance of procedures and policies related to the support group;
- Experience with Product Testing methodologies;
- Experience in the process control industry and/or understanding of industrial IT considered an asset;
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
To apply for this position, please go to http://www.careersathoneywell.com/ , change the country to Canada, and then enter requisition 188904
- 15 months ago