Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
Up to six (6) months of related experience.
WHMIS and First Aid certificate considered an asset.
Demonstrate organizational and research skills.
Knowledge and understanding of solid waste issues.
Demonstrate and proven ability related to microcomputer software and administrative systems (e.g. files maintenance, word processing, computerized spreadsheet applications, presentation software (Corel presentation), information input and retrieval).
Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
French verbal and written skills an asset.
Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
Physical capability to operating a vehicle safely, possession of a valid driver's licence and have an acceptable driving record, will be considered an asset.
UNDER THE GENERAL SUPERVISION OF THE SUPERVISOR OF COLLECTION AND RECYCLING:
1. Conduct participation surveys for various waste streams.
2. Conduct waste audits; sample waste according to design parameters; sort waste according to prescribed procedures; measure waste and document findings.
3. Establish and organize work sites. Ensure site is returned to original status.
4. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial legislation listed therein.
5. Perform other related duties as required. City of Greater Sudbury - 8 months ago