Job Description:POSITION SUMMARY:
Reporting to the Associate Vice President, Financial
Planning & Analysis – Mark’s Work Wearhouse (Mark’s),
this position will be responsible for providing
analytical services to our Management team to ensure
that sales, margin, expenses, and capital are accurately
analyzed and meaningful key insights are provided to
support operations. The Manager, Financial Planning &
Analysis – Mark’s will play a key role in integrating
data and insights from various areas of the business
during the quarterly forecast and annual operating and
capital budget processes; ensuring that relevant
analysis and reports are prepared to support various
levels of reviews and presentations. This role will
regularly collaborate and interact with the stakeholders
across the organization to drive recommendations on
achieving financial results, as well as, provide
decisions on key inputs.
- Accountable for financial planning, analysis,
forecasting and reporting.
- Provide expertise on projects and finance initiatives
which impact the business unit.
- Prepare the financial review packages.
- Provide analytical services to Senior Management that
will drive key decision making through vigorous
analytics by presenting past and projected financial
- Thorough analysis and investigation into the variances
to plan and forecast.
- Build a financial analysis process capable of
delivering superior financial results.
- Support the preparation of annual plan, monthly and
quarterly forecasts and monitor results versus
- Participate in planning meetings with the operations
and purchasing team to support ongoing business
- Partner and influence the Senior Management team to
ensure that the plan is realistic and executable.
- University degree
- Accounting designation (CA, CMA or CGA) or Post
Graduate Degree (MBA)
- Minimum of seven (7) years progressive experience in
business or financial analytical role
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in a managerial
role leading a team of finance professionals
- Superior analytical skills with an understanding of
cause and affect financials
- Ability to clearly and confidently communicate written
and verbal recommendations, as well as, articulate
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to
influence and persuade different points of view
- Strong time management and self management skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Familiarity with enterprise planning tools to
facilitate budgeting and forecasting
Mark's Work Wearhouse
- Retail and/or Wholesale experience preferred
- Supply chain experience preferred
- Strong technical and accounting knowledge
- 13 months ago