A corporate HR resource assigned to partner with the business and provide a full range of HR services. This role is aligned with the Apotex and HR Mission and Vision, to assist client groups in meeting their business requirements. Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME), a Problem Solver and Mediator in order to offer solutions and foster positive and productive employee relations.
This role supports the 24 hour operation and three-site model.
1. Counsel and coach management and employees on Human Resource and Employee Relation issues consistent with all established corporate policies, practices and legislative policies.
2. Assist in the development and/or implementation of new HR initiatives – e.g. policy development, performance management, compensation programs.
3. Identify opportunities for improvement regarding people management systems/practices within the respective client areas, develop plans for implementation; ensure delivery with subsequent evaluation – e.g. educational programs/interventions.
4. Act as a sounding-board/ advisor to employees and support management re people concerns/issues – e.g. policy interpretation/application, performance management and relationship issues.
5. Provide Client feedback and/ or co-represent the business on new HR initiated projects.
6. Conduct recruitment-related activities for specified positions (i.e. senior technical and management roles) as required/requested by the Client.
7. Act as a resource and advisor to the Employee Committee by providing information and advice – e.g. attend quarterly sub-committee meetings, meet with individual representatives or focus groups to problem solve/resolve ER issues.
8. Establish and maintain solid working relations with HR Consultant team members at all sites. Liaise cross-functionally and within HR to ensure consistency and sharing of HR Best Practices, solicit information and feedback and keep all parties apprised of appropriate/common issues.
9. Actively participate and present at management and department communication meetings.
10. Act as a resource for the Annual Performance Review and Salary Planning process for assigned client areas.
11. Know and understand job functions within assigned client areas and support the management group in the job evaluation process for new and re-evaluated positions within the client group.
12. Assist in both job and organizational unit re-design.
13. Support the business and champion change management processes including design of communication strategies, risk assessments, impact to people and the business.
14. Demonstrates all of the 4 Corporate Values: Pride; Accountability; Integrity; Diligence.
15. Coach and counsel management and staff on development and succession plans to support future growth.
16. Design, deliver and evaluate the success of training/ development programs and workshops for assigned client groups and/or corporate.
17. Keep up-to-date with the latest Federal and Provincial Employment legislation and continuously self-develop on new HR practices.
Desired Skills & Experience
1. Post-secondary degree in business or an HR related discipline.
2. CHRP designation.
3. 8-10 years experience in a Human Resources role, inclusive of generalist experience.
4. Computer literacy with Microsoft Office programs and exposure to a HRIS
5. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
6. Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively as a member of a team.
7. Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective relationships as well as gain the trust and respect of clients and colleagues.
8. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
9. Skilled Problem Solver and Mediator.
10. Ability to effectively manage time and be self- motivated.
11. Has sense of urgency and timeliness with ER issues.
12. Flexible and customer focused. Apotex - 19 months ago