The Assistant Branch Manager demonstrates sales leadership and manages and directs the daily operation of the financial services team. Ensures department operations effectively meet member needs and are in adherence to established policies and procedures. This position leads the activities of the lending, investment and administrative staff to ensure growth in the banking, investment and insurance areas contributing to the overall profitability of the branch. Ensures routine audits and controls are in place for all investment and lending administrative activities. Assumes the full responsibilities of the Branch Manager in their absence.
Within the operating community of the branch it is essential for the Assistant Branch Manager to develop a visible profile as a member of the business and professional community and to utilize this presence to market the products and services of the Credit Union.
As a member of the branch management team, the Assistant Branch Manager participates in establishing financial projections, branch budgets, marketing strategies and formulating lending and investment targets.
The incumbent has the authority to select, develop, evaluate and, in conjunction with the Branch Manager and Human Resources, promote, discipline and/or terminate individuals reporting to this position. In addition, it is expected that this position will actively participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of various staff development programs.
Credit approval limits are as set in writing by the Vice President, Credit Services.
1. Manages and provides sales coaching to the Financial Services team by managing the relationship selling process to ensure sales activities focus on satisfying customer needs.
2. Trains, mentors and coaches the Financial Services team and acts as a technical expert and resource regarding lending and investment issues. Coaches others in business fundamentals to improve branch and corporate profitability.
3. Provides and approves retail lending business within designated limits. Maintains joint responsibility with the Branch Manager for the loan and investment portfolio.
4. Manages portfolio growth by meeting referral targets and increasing penetration of existing members. Initiates action to enhance growth of the loan and investment portfolios by recommending revisions to the branch marketing plan and pursuing new business.
5. Leads the Financial Services team in managing customer relationships and providing quality service.
6. Resolves complex problems and member complaints referred by member service staff.
7. Ensures routine audits and controls are in place for all investment and lending administrative activities.
8. Oversees the administration of estates.
9. Provides a leadership and managerial role in the branch, fostering knowledge, skills and experience sharing among branch staff and the Financial Services team.
10. Supports corporate initiatives through effective communications and participates in and conducts high energy meetings. Champions branch sales campaigns.
11. Identifies areas for improvement and makes recommendations that will impact overall branch efficiency.
12. Shares and builds on Prospera’s corporate strategy and growth objectives and inspires Financial Services team to do the same.
13. Works closely with the Wealth Management team to provide banking, investment and insurance services to clients and ensures ongoing referrals to Insurance and the Wealth Management Specialists.
14. Works effectively with the branch management team to meet branch operation targets and goals.
15. Develops and presents department operating budget to the Branch Manager for approval; monitors operating expenses and reconciles variances.
16. Ensures all administrative and security functions are carried out in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the Credit Union, the Financial Institutions Act and Regulations and other Provincial and Federal legislation applicable.
17. As the designated Compliance Officer for the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act (PCMLTFA), maintains up-to-date knowledge on all Anti-Money Laundering issues. Reviews each Suspicious Transaction Report for completeness and accuracy prior to forwarding to the Corporate Security department.
18. Assumes full responsibilities of the Branch Manager in their absence.
19. Ensures a high standard of service and performance by actively participating in training programs, educational seminars and other duties as may be assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Advanced knowledge of a variety of investment and lending products;
- Advanced knowledge of mutual fund products and administration;
- Advanced knowledge of consumer lending policies, documentation requirements and legal processes;
- Complete knowledge of statutory guidelines and regulations governing lending;
- Complete knowledge of banking system and personal computer applications;
- Expert resource in all areas of deposit products and services;
- Proven supervisory skills and ability to manage and mentor staff in a team environment;
- Commitment to enhancing sales and leadership training;
- Ability to plan, schedule, delegate, organize and prioritize work assignments with some coordination;
- Ability to analyze financial statements;
- Ability to make complex decisions using considerable judgement under general supervision;
Prospera Credit Union
- Secondary School diploma with at least two years post secondary education and a minimum of seven to nine years’ lending experience with advanced credit approval limits.
- Minimum three years’ experience managing and mentoring staff.
- Mutual funds licensing and working towards the completion of CFP academic requirements.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 11 months ago