Canadian Natural Resources Limited Geotechnical Design Engineer - Horizon Oil Sands Mining
The Horizon Oil Sands mine began operations in 2009 - this is a young mine with barrels and barrels of potential for you to make your mark! This is an exciting opportunity to be involved with a world class integrated oil sands mine and bitumen upgrading operation. Due to the massive resource base, the mine and plant facilities are expected to produce for decades to come without production declines normally associated with crude oil production.
As part of this technically challenging role, you will be exposed to a wide range of responsibilities including the preparation of designs, implementing plans for the construction of earthwork structures and management of design projects.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
Contribute your geotechnical expertise to the mining operation at Horizon Oil Sands in the following areas:
- Evaluate geologic conditions and geotechnical characteristics for assessment and design of earth structures and pit-wall slopes
- Perform slope stability and seepage analyses as necessary to establish safe slope design
- Prepare detailed engineering reports and memos documenting analyses and recommendations
- Present results to mine planners, operations staff, senior management, and technical reviewers
- Plan and supervise field investigations
- Evaluate borrow suitability for earthwork construction
- Plan, implement and assess instrumentation programs to monitor performance of earth structures and pit-wall slopes
- Typically 5+ years of related industry experience
- Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Geotechnical design project planning
o Various calculations including slope stability, seepage and settlement analysis
o Preparation of detailed engineering reports
o Slope/W slope stability software
o Working independently on non-routine technical assignments
o Working in the presence of heavy mining equipment
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. Our commitment is to ensure the safety of employees, the public, protecting the environment and developing and maintaining positive relationships in the communities in which we operate.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
Best Jobs Australia
- 9 months ago