See what it's like ot be on a winning team dedicated to changing facilities maintenance through innovation and technology. That's what UGL Services offers nearly 18,000 employees across North America: a sense of teamwork fueled by the security and pride of knowing you are a part of the leader in facilities maintenace services.
Every day more than 900 customers in 7,000 locations depend on the integrated UGL Services facilities maintenance team. As the leader for nearly 60 years, they know that they can count on our level of quality and professionalism. You can too - we are always looking to meet professionals in the fields we serve:
Physical Plant Operations and Engineering
Skilled Trades (HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Coolant Management, Machine Tool Repair)
Office and Administrative Services (Mail room, Copy services, Payroll, etc)
Shipping, Receiving, Warehousing and Transportation
Cleaning Services (Floor Care, Dusting, Trash Removal, etc.)
Grounds Maintenance (Landscaping, Tree Care, Snow Removal)
UGL Services is a facilities services company with headquarters in Newton, MA. UGL Services has over 17,000 employees in the US and Canada, with revenues of $800 million. UGL Services provides a broad range of services to corporate, industrial, manufacturing, educational, commercial, and retail clients.
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Technician for a location in Mount Pearl, Newfoundland.
Reporting directly to the Account Manager and will be responsible for day to day operation of facilities, ensuring the multi-facilities are maintained in a safe and comfortable environment at all times.
- Responsibility for and performance of all tasks related to Building Operation, including but not limited to, work generated from Preventative Maintenance system, Customer Service system, and Unscheduled Maintenance system (Corrective Maintenance).
- Be familiar with all regulatory requirements for physical building operation, ensuring all operations are carried out in a safe and efficient manner at all times. Be responsible for property appearance, safety, risk management, environmental issues and customer service.
- Respond to and complete in an acceptable time frame all Customer requests from the Work Order System, including closing the work orders and maintaining required databases.
- Provide recommendations and implementation of improvement or replacement equipment/systems to optimize efficiencies and document cost reduction for the customer.
- Conduct regular site inspections ensuring the building equipment meets scheduled and periodic maintenance requirements and that the contractor service levels are achieved. Generate work orders to self-perform or sub-contract services as required for identified deficient issues.
- Assist in preparation of expense and annual capital budgets.
- Supervision and coordination of sub-contractors as required completing service, construction, capital projects pertaining to building operations, improvements and reporting all concerns.
- Provide trouble and problem investigations and solutions and provide investigative projects related to other building equipment, systems, and operating parameters as required.
- Be available for on-call duty as required (minimal on call).
- Other duties as assigned by the Regional Manager from time to time based on needs, training, knowledge, and capabilities.
- High school diploma, Priority will go to those with a Journeyman HVAC/R ticket, Valid WHMIS certificate. Valid driver's license and reliable automobile for use at work (company vehicle supplied).
- Minimum 3 years directly related experience in all areas of building operations systems including HVAC, Electrical, Controls, Fire Alarm, Life Safety and BMS.
- Able to work independently with minimal direction and respond to emergency situations.
- Conversant with all safety, fire, OH&S and building codes.
- Computer Skills - Good knowledge of Windows XP, Outlook (for emails), Microsoft Word, Excel. Ability to work with the Blackberry communication units would be an asset.
- Relationship Skills - Ability to communicate effectively and professionally utilizing computer, oral and written skills. Ability to develop and sustain good working relationships with contractors, customers and public.
- Organizational/Multi-Task Skills - Ability to manage self-perform duties and sub-contractor's as required, allocate one's time effectively, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines; ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities, adapt to new ideas and constant changes
Please email cover letter and resume, including salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Mount Pearl" in the subject line. We thank all candidates, however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
- 12 months ago