1. Performs project planning, business analysis, conceptual systems design, and project management for a portfolio of medium and large projects.
2. Undertakes contract administration with external vendors.
3. Establishes formal project change management and communication processes and performs the ongoing collection and dissemination of project information.
4. On a regular basis conducts project quality assurance reviews to ensure projects are proceeding according to plan with costs and benefits aligned with approved business case criteria.
5. Ensures compliance with Worker's Compensation Legislation, Human Rights Legislation, safety regulations and safe work practices.
6. Performs other related duties consistent with the position as assigned.
1. Completed a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or an Engineering/Management degree with significant IT experience.
2. Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or PRINCE2 designations are desirable.
3. A minimum of five years of prior related experience, including a comprehensive knowledge of project management, Information Systems analysis, and change management principles.
4. Experience in leading the selection and implementation of packaged software would be an asset.
5. Extensive experience analyzing business and technical problems and developing innovative solutions.
6. Extensive experience preparing project plans including detailed schedule, resource and cost estimates.
7. Experience with managing external vendor partners.
8. Proven facilitation, presentation and report writing skills.
9. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
10. Comprehensive understanding and experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
11. Demonstrated ability to motivate project staff and stakeholders to achieve team oriented goals.
12. Previous experience supervising staff and assigning workload.
13. Ability to conduct research as necessary.
14. Experience in performing analysis and/or project management related to engineering and/or financial systems is desirable.
15. Must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the occupational hazards, safety precautions, regulations and procedures that is applicable to the area of work.
16. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization, external contacts and the public, in accordance with the Respectful Workplace Standard. City of Winnipeg - 9 months ago