Avionics Engineering Specialist-MON02132
We, at Bombardier Aerospace, are proud to build and support world-class aircraft such as Regional Airliners, Business Jets and Amphibious Aircraft that are in service around the globe.
We are team players who put people first in our efforts to succeed as an organization and to grow as individuals.
If, like us, you are passionate about winning and have a drive for results, Bombardier is the place for you.
As part of the new commercial aircraft program within the avionics IPDT, you will be responsible for all aspects of avionics integration. This includes requirement capture, technical definition, requirement management, integration, testing and certifying of the avionics systems. The individual will be matched by their experience to the following avionics disciplines: architecture & systems design, modern flight deck philosophy, future avionics regulatory requirements, modular avionics, auto pilot integration with FBW/ Auto throttle /auto land, new navigation concepts (i.e. RNP, MMR, GPS WAAS/LAAS) IRS, Smart Probes, next generation communication systems, Integrated utility systems and central maintenance system.
In your role, you will be asked to:
- You will be required to technically integrate the avionics system into the aircraft which will require liaison with the avionics supplier, all IPDT disciplines and with the operators.
- You will approve supplier proposals after making sure that the requirements set by BA are met.
- You will liaise with Certification Authorities, to plan and test and obtain certification.
- You will be required to support all test rig activities related to your designated systems
- You will be approving test procedures and supporting the test effort required for certification and for production line afterwards (including DV Modsums, RSIs).
- You will be the primary focal for producing the System Design Compliance report and ensuring all artifacts required to support certification are approved
- You will produce and/or check all the engineering documentation required for certification including AFM/FCOM revisions, MMEL and installation/wiring drawings.
The ideal candidate meets these requirements:
- You possess a bachelor's degree in engineering (avionics, electrical or aerospace) and you have a minimum of five (5) years of experience as an avionics integrator
- You are familiar with part FAR25 / 525 certification process.
- You have knowledge of Reliability & Maintainability and of avionics equipment qualification.
- You are familiar with a flight test environment.
- Good oral and writing skills in English are required.
- You must possess Microsoft office computer skills.
- You must possess the ability to work with minimum supervision, be a team player and have project organization skills.
- You must also be a person with initiative, strong sense of responsibility and good engineering judgment.
- You must be able to travel if necessary.
- Knowledge of part121 and JAR OPS is an asset
- Familiarity with the BA engineering system, Rockwell Collins Pro-Line Avionics and requirement management software tools are also assets.
Does your vision of the future include the challenges that Bombardier can offer you? If so, come join our team!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
CA-QC-Montreal St. Laurent
- 12 months ago