J0612-0344 - Permanent Full Time
Director - Human Resources Business Partner
Corporate Functions / Administration
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Director - Human Resources Business Partner
We offer the opportunity to work with Canada's largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI's 35 years of continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company - in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients - and for members; that's why an astounding 80 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
The Human Resources Team of CGI's Operational Shared Services division located in Markham, Ontario is responsible for the delivery of a multitude of Human Resource programs and initiatives, and for championing the organizational change management that surrounds these programs. We play a vital role in ensuring the organization's success.
We have a challenging and rewarding career opportunity for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner at the Director level to be based in Calgary, Alberta, to assist with the continued transformation of CGI through the delivery excellence of Human Resources initiatives in many forms. CGI is a highly complex organization that is gaining significant momentum in its growth initiatives, so day-to-day support at CGI doesn't mean basic or transactional. Here, this translates into a rapidly moving array of complex components that are now simply business as usual' for us. Be it performance management, workforce planning, succession planning, member relations, acquisition and integration, this is all part of the dynamic world of a Human Resources Business Partner at CGI.
Reporting to the VP, Human Resources you will assume the Senior HR Business Partner role for our Western business unit, focused on providing Global Infrastructure Services and Solutions with a member base situated throughout Canada. Working alongside the BU leader and senior management team you will be responsible for implementing organization effectiveness initiatives by building organizational capability and maximizing member performance. The possession of strong coaching and consulting skills and the ability to implement strategies to enhance employee effectiveness are critical success factors.
The Senior HR Business Partner's expertise will be utilized in the execution of long-range objectives for the assigned client group. In addition the incumbent will work with peers in HR to develop programs and initiatives for the broader CGI organization.
This is a role that affords the chosen candidate the opportunity to have an impact on the business outcomes. Primary functions will include:
Leading a core team of HR business partners to build relationships with client groups to:
- Proactively introduce HR concepts, ideas and solutions
- Fully understand business issues and the employee relations strategies that will support business objectives, and provide coaching and direction as appropriate
- Facilitate building a strong leadership team within the client group to enhance performance and work effectiveness
- Ensure accurate measurement and effective analysis of key operational indicators such as member utilization and member satisfaction and develop plans for continuous improvement
- Display and encourage a high degree of ownership of CGI's culture, values, goals and HR initiatives and programs
- Support the VP, Human Resources in the development and execution of the Human Capital strategy which includes participating in merger, acquisition, and outsourcing activities in support of CGI's build and buy strategy enabling continued organizational growth
- Partner with HR colleagues and client leadership in developing workforce plans in the sourcing, attraction, retention and engagement of members
- Participate in the design and implementation of HR initiatives; processes and programs which are customer focused
- Play an important role in the current approach to the employee experience - constantly assessing and improving current programs and processes in order to build organization capability
Direct the interpretation and ensure consistent application of policy with respect to member relations issues and corporate guidelines
- Collaborate in the execution and development of organizational development/design projects.
- Assure compliance with all statutes and regulations related to employment standards and law
- Research new and innovative HR practices that contribute to high performing organizations
- Manage the performance of your direct reports and ensure they are making a valuable contribution
- Establish and leverage your HR network to ensure connection and sharing of best people practices across CGI. The Qualifications Required
- Relevant post-secondary education with a Human Resources designation or equivalent human resources experience.
- Minimum 10 years HR generalist experience in a high volume, rapidly changing environment;
- Thorough understanding of how HR is an impact player on the business team demonstrated through strong business acumen;
- Expertise in current and relevant HR legislation with the ability to deal with complex employee relations issues;
- Demonstrated capabilities in Talent Management and Organization Development;
- Previous experience in an information technology consulting environment would be an asset
- Superior communication skills (oral, written, presentation)
- Able to build credibility with the business leaders
- Leadership and influencing skills
- Negotiating and Conflict Management Skills
- Demonstrated problem identification and analysis skills.
- Experience with large, complex, multi stakeholder, matrix organizations with remote reporting relationships
- Self-starter, motivated, enthusiastic and a strong desire to succeed and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Ability to travel
If you are a proven achiever, confident, polished professional, consider yourself adaptable with a high degree of initiative, creativity and a roll-up-your-sleeves' attitude, have a passion for human resources and are looking for a highly rewarding career in CGI's Human Resources team, then we would be very interested in speaking with you.
The anticipated start date for this position is immediate so please refresh your resume, and apply online to CGI Careers to tell us about yourself. Please note that as part of the CGI application and selection process, you may be requested to complete a Personal Profile Analysis Questionnaire.
Regrettably, we are unable to interview all applicants due to the volume of resumes we receive. We will contact the most closely matched applicants for an interview. At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to professionals located in 125 offices worldwide. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- 11 months ago