School of Art
University of Manitoba - Winnipeg, MB
This job posting is no longer available on University of Manitoba.
Sessional Instructor CUPE 3909
STDO 3910 Design Studio 4
School of Art
December 31, 2012
April 26, 2013
$4, 796.40 ( 3 credit hours)
Resume/CV to be Received by:
4:00 p.m., July 5, 2012
Must be expert in advanced graphic design problems as they are encountered in
current professional practice.
We seek a practicing designer with a commitment to professional practice and an
inspiring teaching style. An MFA, MVA, MDes, MID, or MA in Design or related
discipline required. Evidence of ongoing (OR RECENT???) professional practice
(within 3 years) in the field of Graphic Design is essential, preferably in digital
design methods and technologies, demonstrated in supporting application materials.
Evidence of successful teaching (within 3 years) at the post-secondary level
preferred as evidenced by course evaluations (SEEQ) and sample course outlines.
Must have an ability to work collegially within a complex institutional setting,
manage deadlines, and operate within the respectful workplace guidelines of the
University of Manitoba.
Must be able to supervise a diverse teaching environment and coordinate resources
to deliver an above average student experience. Should have experience using
digital technology in the classroom.
Experience with Adobe Creative Suite 6 required.
Applicants MUST submit:
1. A cover letter of application including a statement of current professional
activity and teaching record.
2. A curriculum vitae that demonstrates current professional activities
(exhibitions, publications, invited presentations, grants).
3. Statement connecting your professional practice with your teaching.
4. A maximum of 20 images of your work completed within 3 years, and/or time-based
media, maximum 10 minutes running length, including titles and credits. CD format
Mac and PC readable � no paper labels or memory stick (USB).
5. Printed image reference list - numbered, titled, dated, and with descriptions if
necessary or applicable.
6. Copies of student-based teaching evaluations for courses taught within 3 years.
7. Course outlines for courses taught within 3 years.
8. Copy of degree certificate for terminal degree.
9. Names and contact information for 3 references.
NOTE: Incomplete applications will not be considered. Application materials will
not be returned. Only the successful candidate will be contacted.
Class Schedule (subject to change): M 11:30am-2:20pm
University of Manitoba - 11 months ago
View Indeed in: Mobile - Classic