American Express Unilingual Agent
Minacs - Oshawa, ON
This outbound position, working in a dynamic and fast paced environment, is a revenue generating role working to quota and converting qualified small businesses into Amex long-term profitable customer relationships.
The AMEX Canada Outbound Agent identifies opportunities to discuss, promote, share and sell the benefits of American Express charge cards, while achieving challenging sales, compliance and operational/productivity metrics.
Communication is exclusively outbound; calls are made using an automatic dialer. This is a non-technical role and requires basic computer knowledge and data input. All agents will be given product knowledge and sales cycle training
1. Places outbound calls to small businesses using a professional, consultative approach to discuss charge card needs and sells the benefits of Amex products.
2. Sells the charge card offerings and benefits and builds long term, profitable customer relationships
3. By understanding customers’ needs, offers information, insight and recommendations on appropriate Amex product. Sells the right product to meet the customer’s needs.
4. Understands the Amex products and maintains a working knowledge of all pertinent products and services.
5. Utilizes available tools and resources as designed to enhance navigation, and overall efficiency while on the call
6. Meets specific performance standards and quality targets.
7. Adheres to professional/department/divisional practices, standards, processes and controls to achieve operational excellence.
8. Contributes to the centre Metric goals by achieving the individual targets
High School Graduation or equivalent; General knowledge of windows-based applications
Experience / Skill:
Customer centric, ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of small businesses
Strong business acumen, insightful, ability to apply good judgement based on customer’s needs
Minimum 1 year full time sales experience working in a commissioned based sales environment, preferably involving telephone
High energy, ability to communicate with clarity over the telephone
Ability to identify sales opportunities by confidently offering products and services to meet customer needs
Ability to work in a statistically driven environment, measured by call quality, sales, call compliance and productivity goals
Highly motivated and sets increasingly challenging personal standard of excellence beyond that required by management
Basic computer skills required
Working Conditions:Physical Effort:
Much of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with the frequent opportunity to stand or move about.
Work is mainly performed in a comfortable call centre environment where there is minimal exposure to dust, fumes, temperature variance and other sensory attributes. Level of noise at any given time is moderate.
There is a need to give close attention, much of the time requiring the use of two or more senses simultaneously.
Minimal exposure to situations with customers that may cause mental stress.
Minacs is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
We thank all applicants however, only those under consideration will be notified.