Do you believe in the power of teamwork and sharing ideas? Do you take pride in delivering exceptional quality and service with everything you do? Do you seek out ideas for improving the status quo? If you want to make a difference and love being surrounded by the best and the brightest, Maxxam might be the place for you!
Imagine being surrounded by the brightest minds in the industry.
Maxxam Analytics, the largest privately owned analytical laboratory network in Canada, is looking for an
ANALYST 1-Routine Oil
Join our talented team of experts in the scientific field to advance your technical knowledge and advance your career. Every day we go above and beyond to deliver innovative solutions to help our clients make important decisions that directly impact the community and the environment.
As an ANALYST 1, your main responsibilities are:
Analyze and assess both physical and compositional properties of petroleum products
Utilize a wide variety of instruments such as titrators and analyzers
Efficiently handle glassware equipment for extractions, refluxes and preparation
Maintain proper calibration and quality control records
Perform and document routine maintenance procedures
Troubleshoot and understand analytical equipment
Report instrument breakdowns to Supervisor and inform senior staff of any sample integrity related issues
You are the ideal ANALYST 1 if you have:
- Ensure adherence to Maxxams policies, certifications and accreditations
- Post secondary education in a related field ie. Chemical Technology diploma
- Must have basic chemistry knowledge for application in a laboratory setting
- Must have basic understanding of computer use
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently or within a group
- Must be flexible to work different types of shifts, including the ability to rotate between day and afternoon/evening shifts.
- Ability to work overtime when required
- Familiarity with Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) would be an asset
We are more than a lab. Maxxam is a science company that delivers value through its people. Founded over 40 years ago, Maxxam is the leader in analytical services and solutions to the Petroleum, Environmental, Food Science & Safety and DNA industries. For all the differences across our lines of businesses, we share a strong and unified foundation; we live our values of integrity, collaboration, innovation, and performance. These values drive our behaviour every day. We process over 2.2 million samples and produce 38 million test results every year, and our customers can rely on our results to make critical decisions with confidence.
Join our talented community of scientists and experts and apply today at email@example.com, subject line Analyst 1- PPL, Edmonton
Learn from the best. Be the best.
Maxxam Analytics Inc.
- 9 months ago