Operations Manager - Power Services, Alberta
ABB INC. - Edmonton, AB
ABB (www.abb.com) is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 145,000 people.
The operations manager - Alberta is responsible for the effective direction and sustained support programs assigned to PP/PS Service Alberta. This includes management of field service representatives, field service specialists, shop service representatives and administrative personnel.
- Evaluate customer satisfaction and ensures timely and appropriate response to customer complaints, service delivery, and product quality.
- Works closely with Upper Management to assist in writing sales plans in participation of monthly forecasting activity by market segments in dual sales calls with sales personnel and proposal management and review
- Participates in setting annual budgets including operating expenses, capital activity, revenues, receivables and monitoring the results to ensure performance against plan.
- Ensures that the environmental and health & safety standards are met.
- Reviews specifications and determines departmental requirements for commissioning man-hours, cost of commissioning, technical manual requirements, time required for office support and training required by the customer
- Reviews, interprets and comments on technical specifications
- Maintains awareness of technical and market trends
- Defines scheduling and administrative procedures
- Monitors compliance to project schedules, budget and resource requirements
- Effective management and support of order opportunity develop, proposal development, operational execution of work and financial performance according the planned performance level.
- Oversee the development of ABB employees, customer development and ABB business development
- Perform an active role in improving CAABB Service results
- Ownership of the ABB Powertran / ABB Power Services facility in Edmonton. This will include the active management of the facility, EHS responsibilities and facility development.
- Lead / Ownership of the business development within the ABB AMD facility in Calgary.
Support the combined PP/PS Service delivery within the Western Region and Canada.
- Certified Technologist, Engineer or equivalent.
- 10+ years Transformer experience in a repair and service atmosphere.
- Service experience in power generation, protection, transmission and distribution an asset (HV and MV preferred)
- SAP experience an asset
- Engineering technology or equivalent
- Moderately complex problem-solving requiring in-depth fact-finding, research and analysis
- Use of well-defined procedures and methodology and participation in the improvement of work processes
- Judgement and initiative necessary to identify priorities, resolve problems, adapt to change and choose the most efficient way to do the work
- Internal communication includes two-way discussions and explanation of moderately complex information
- Routine external communication to obtain information or answer simple questions
- Direct supervisory experience including quality of work, staffing, performance and salary management for a group of Expertise (professionals) or a mix of technologist and/or professionals and Operations employees with different tasks.
- Good interpersonal skills with customers and co-workers is extremely important.
- Must be a team player
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills with customers and co-workers is extremely important
- Safety minded and proven safe work record
- 5+ years of Operational Management experience
ABB prône l'équité en matière d'emploi et apprécie la diversité de la main-d'ouvre. ABB offrira des accommodements raisonnables pour les candidats présentant des handicaps. Pour appuyer notre programme d'équité en matière d'emploi, les femmes, les Autochtones, les membres des communautés visibles ainsi que les personnes handicapées sont invités à poser leur candidature et à s'identifier comme tel dans le processus de demande. Nous offrons également un environnement de travail stimulant, des salaires concurrentiels et une gamme complète d'avantages sociaux.
- 3 years ago
View Indeed in: Mobile - Classic