Technical Team Lead (java/j2ee)
Randstad - Toronto, ON
This job posting is no longer available on Randstad.
back to search results
apply for this job
Technical Team Lead (java/j2ee)
reference # 251518 position type:
Permanent "Must have" skills
(These are skills that are absolutely required by the employer.)
Team Leader -( >5Y)
"Nice to have" skills
(These are skills the employer would like to have, but would be willing to go without.)
Insurance -( >5Y)
Our client is looking for a Technical Team Lead with astrong background in java/j2ee and websphere to join their team on a permanent hire basis
Java/J2EE Technical Lead
This role will lead or collaborate (as required by Aviva) with technical/software development teams in the analysis, design, development and deployment of business critical applications. The individual will provide effective function as "Subject Matter Expert" in the development of our core insurance business systems, using comprehensive processes and methodologies to achieve quality delivery. In addition, the position will provide in-house technical support, develop and maintain appropriate processes and procedures for quality assurance, system stability, control of change, and risk mitigation.
Skills and Experience Requirements:REQUIRED:
- Lead or collaborate (as required by Aviva) with technical teams of 5 to 15 resources - train, retain and supervise full-time and/or contract software developers and other technical staff as necessary.
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure software developers are working effectively and successfully at completing tasks.
- Assist in preparation of project plans, monitor project progress, and report status to stakeholders and management - Provide project-specific and client-specific information processing services to the business.
- Maintain build and release plans for new functionality and enhancements.
- Plan work, assign resources, identify issues and resolve conflicts.
- Establish and manage procedures for reviewing, estimating, and accepting development work requests
- Work with Project Managers, Business Analysts, Solutions Architects and others to translate business ideas and functional requirements into high-level design, low-level design and technical requirements for development projects including middleware integrations
- Coordinate and participate in the analysis, design, development, unit testing and maintenance of mission-critical business applications
- Participate in R&D Introduce effective software development practices and methodologies aimed at controlling costs and delivering quality solutions on a timely basis while building a strong well-motivated development team
- Represent development teams at partner and management meetings
- Work with subcontractors and business partners to ensure completion of agreed activities Liaise with clients to ensure successful implementation of new initiatives
- Participate in special projects and ad hoc analyses as necessary
- Remain abreast of relevant technology developments
- Other duties as assigned.
- 7+ years experience leading technical teams in the design, development and implementation of business-critical enterprise software using Java, Microsoft, and UNIX technologies & concepts
- Strong Working experience in:
o Legacy/non-legacy integration design and implementation
o Web Services
o Message Broker/eSQL (nice to have)
o Applied experience in Java/J2EE programming
o XML and SQL
o Websphere Application Server
o Oracle or DB2
- Demonstrated supervision and team leadership skills
Experience as a Technical Lead/SSA on technology projects
- Strong Analysis and Design skills in a multi-tier environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent training & presentation skills
- Experience with all aspects of the software development process
- Experience with standard project management practices
•• Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and work within a fast paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent software projects
- Extensive experience with industry standard software development methodologies
- Proven technical proficiency
- Top-notch problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform high quality work
- Excellent teamwork skills and a service-oriented attitude
- Must be able to speak with management and clients and present technical information in a clear, concise manner
- Must create and maintain positive peer and client relationships
- Requires the ability to speak with non-technical staff about technical issues Interacts with all levels of the organization.
- Working experience/knowledge of Java (J2EE, Servlet, JSF, JSP,JDBC), Java Design Pattern, Object-oriented design, UML, XSLT, X Path, COM+, ODBC, WSDL, WSAD, IDE, SQL Query Analyzer, Tomcat 5.0, IIS web server, UDDI, SOAP, ADO MD, Solaris, Windows & Linux, MS Project, Word, Excel, Visio, SQL in MS SQL server.
- Property and Casualty insurance experience preferred but will consider strong Life/Health Insurance experience. - will also consider large high transaction industries such as banks
- HP Exstream experience/knowledge (nice to have)
- JBOSS Server knowledge
- Agile methodology experience (nice to have)
- Guidewire system experience (nice to have)
- Knowledge of HP Mercury Centre tools
- Knowledge of data modelling
- Knowledge of reporting tools such as Business Objects and Cognos
- Microsoft.NET, C, C++ knowledge/experience
- 3 years ago
View Indeed in: Mobile - Classic