Property & Casualty Underwriter
Permanent Full Time
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Job Closing Date (dd/mm/yyyy):
Property & Casualty Underwriter
Keeping You Moving
RSA is one of the world’s leading multinational insurance groups with almost 300 years of experience and over 20 million customers worldwide.
Our people are committed to building a dynamic internal culture where our people love what they do and feel motivated to keep things moving – for customers, for their colleagues and as part of their own growth and development.
In RSA, employing positive people is how we achieve success. Working at RSA will give you the opportunities to demonstrate your technical excellence internally and externally and to add value to the performance of RSA. You will also have opportunities to accelerate your own development by accessing our structured program of world-class training specifically designed for technical mastery in underwriting, claims and actuarial.
At RSA we have a culture that supports and rewards high performance with a competitive reward policy for top performers. Our rewards package includes competitive compensation, work / life balance, opportunities to learn and the chance to make a difference working for a worldwide industry leader.
We are looking for a highly motivated Commercial Underwriter to join our national program team for Commercial Insurance written through one of the largest national brokers in Canada. The successful candidate will be a team and service oriented individual with a positive attitude, who will contribute towards growing a profitable book of business by making sound underwriting decisions and providing excellent service. You will also work closely with our strategic broker in order to build relationships and assist in the development and delivery of the team’s strategic and operational plans.
Who you are
Your enthusiasm is infectious. You challenge the status quo. You find solutions to problems. You go the extra mile to exceed customers’ expectations. You get things done the right way. You represent our brand with passion and pride. You are a team player. You have fun and you make work fun for those working around you.
What you will achieve in this role
- Develop and underwrite Commercial Property & Casualty risks by analyzing the client’s business operations and previous insurance and claims experience to determine risk exposure
- Negotiate pricing and terms, as well as mutually acceptable solutions to underwriting proposals with brokers
- Underwrite and process new business, renewals endorsements, and cancellations
- Focus on sustainable profitable growth
- Contribute to continuous improvement of work processes and procedures
- Develop strong broker relationships to produce new business and retain existing clients
- Resolve broker requests, questions and concerns in a timely fashion, answering both general and technical questions
- Provide exceptional service and expertise to both internal and external customers
What you bring to this role
- Solid property & casualty underwriting abilities.
- Minimum 3 years of experience. Contracting and Construction Underwriting Experience is preferred.
- Comprehensive ability to capture, respond to broker/customer concerns.
- Proven ability to achieve set targets.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated drive for continuous improvement.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent customer focus: ability to understand their needs and build positive relationships.
- Ability to flourish in the midst of change.
- Consistent drive for excellence and success.
- Ability to create positive and collaborative working relationships.
- Confidence and courage to act with conviction.
- Motivated and enthusiastic.
- University degree or college diploma.
- Completed CIP/FCIP or working towards completion.
Applicants agree that by providing personal information in response to this ad, and otherwise in any recruitment process with RSA or its affiliated companies (the “Company”) such personal information may be retained and used for a period of one (1) year from the date of this application, for the purpose of consideration for employment opportunities which may arise during that time period, unless an applicant notifies the Company to the contrary.
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- 12 months ago