Service Specialist, Pest Elimination Job
ecolab - Toronto, ON
This job posting is no longer available on Ecolab.
Service Specialist, Pest Elimination
Sales & Service
Canada - Ontario - Toronto
We are Ecolab. We make the world cleaner, safer and healthier by providing cleaning and sanitation solutions for food safety, infection prevention and public health. By partnering with our customers everywhere they need us, we help keep their operations clean and safe, ensure their businesses perform well and enable them to make the world better. Ecolab has built a reputation for excellence by setting the standards for superior performance. We are looking to hire associates that will continue to build and grow on this standard of excellence and work to create the Ecolab experience for all of our customers.
In this full-time service position, the Service Specialist will provide timely and cost effective pest detection, elimination and preventative solutions to an established route for Ecolab’s Pest Elimination Division. Assuming responsibility for a territory of restaurant, lodging, food service, food retail and food processing customers, you will receive leading edge training to support your career development and ensure customer satisfaction. Key to your success will be your ability to partner with your customers to provide a solutions oriented approach to resolving their pest challenges, sanitation and structural concerns. Additionally, you will service and merchandise prevention solutions with ideas to create customer satisfaction. With your dedicated focus on using integrated pest management techniques, you strive to exceed customers’ needs and challenges.
- Establish effective working relationships with external/internal customers.
- Keep abreast of Ecolab’s product/service offerings and industry conditions, to enhance service and sales of pest prevention/elimination solutions.
- Educate customers on best practices to identify, eliminate and solve pest problems and upsell additional products and services.
- Use technology to manage structural, sanitation and pest issues.
- Maintain flexibility to adjust your day to assist customers in a round-the-clock, fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Ecolab will jump start your career with on-the-job training and training through Ecolab University at our headquarters in St. Paul, MN.
Cities included in Route:
- Previous front-line service or route sales/service experience combined with a high school diploma, post secondary education is an asset.
- Hands-on pest elimination industry experience plus a provincial structural applicator’s license is a definite asset.
- Self-starter focused on quality service with the ability to recommend value added products and services.
- Organization skills, disciplined work style and strong work ethic to ensure your effectiveness in planning your schedule to achieve your territory goals.
- Effective problem solving skills with ability to work independently.
- Must be available to respond to customer emergency service requests on weeknights, weekends, and holidays in a 24/7-work environment.
- Good computer skills, a valid drivers license and good driving record; able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
Toronto, Mississauga and surrounding areas
1 weekend/month on call coverage
Overnight trips per month:
some overnight travel may be required.
Income package offered:
Training salary, base + commission and company service vehicle
pest control route sales route delivery distributor entomology foodservice hospitality catering sanitization maintenance chemical food & beverage vending Abell Terminex Orkin Steritech Auto-Chlor SC Johnson JohnsonDiversy Sysco Cintas G&K Services Aramark UPS Federal Express FedEx restaurant manager general manager inspector kitchen manager housekeeping engineer.
- 3 years ago
View Indeed in: Mobile - Classic