G4S - Mississauga, ON
Reports to the Missauga Commercial Branch.
- Access Control for the facility/ area
- Patrolling inside and outside as required in the post orders
- Ability to operate Security Control Centre equipment/systems, computers, radios, phones, including Blackberry.
- Ensure that the Facility’s Safety and Emergency Procedures are followed in response to Fire Alarms and other Site Emergencies
- Undertake site specific training, follow direction and guidance from Site Supervisor or CSM
- Follow Post Orders for each site posted
- Demonstrate judgment, common sense and decision-making ability, particularly when required to take charge and direct others in emergencies or other incidents
- Meticulous Record Keeping, Report Writing, Observation skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to take courses as required by G4S and or Clients
Perform other duties as assigned by Client and/or G4S Management
Assist in the management of the on site fire equipment and fire systems.
Ensure the adherence to plant protocols by plant employees.
Assist with all in plant emergencies, including any and all alarm calls.
Ensure the safety and security of all in plant employees and visitors to the plant.
- Acting with professionalism and integrity
- Demonstrates an active interest in promoting safety consciousness in the workplace
- Motivates, supports and inspires co workers: builds strong, cohesive teams
- High School Diploma minimum
- Post Secondary Education preferred
- Police Foundation or Security Related Education an asset
- First Aid and CPR
- Certified Protection Officer (CPO) Preferred
- Provincial Security Guard licence required
- Preferred Industry experience
- Training will be provided by G4S
Candidates must posses the following qualifications for this position;
- Be able to work 12 hour shifts and the flexibility to work day,
afternoon, overnight, weekend and holiday shifts.
- Position requires multi-tasking skills.
- Proven ability to work in detailed-orientated environment.
- Strong interpersonal communication, writing and analytical skills.
- Be able to communicate effectively with others.
- Possess a valid Ontario Drivers License.
- Ability to work well in teams.
- Be dependable, responsible and mature.
- The ability to think quickly and act rationally in stressful situations.
- Be able to lift 20 pounds of fire equipment if required.
- Must be well organized and able to maintain a clean work environment.
- Be able to use modern communication technology competently and clearly
Please submit your resume to MississaugaHR@ca.g4s.com
- 11 months ago
View job -
Apply from a computer - email job
View Indeed in: Mobile - Classic