Acuren is seeking Electrical Engineers for work in the Athabasca Oil Sands Region. This position is full time in the Fort McMurray area. Relocation and/or camp accommodations may be considered.
Applicants must be able to comply with the Canadian Model for Drug and Alcohol testing.
What you will bring:
- A degree in Electrical Engineering with eligibility for registration with APPEGA
- Good knowledge of current statutory regulations, industry standards and recommended practices; must be able to apply this knowledge practically
- Knowledge of plant site electrical distribution systems with good abilities in medium and low voltage and some exposure to high voltage systems
- Design, installation, commissioning, maintenance and troubleshooting of electrical equipment
- Familiar with area classifications and specification of plant site equipment
- Knowledge of electrical system maintenance, system reliability, safety and projects
- Demonstrated commitment to safety in an operating plant environment
- Minimum 6-7 years of total experience and at least four years proven plant site experience as an electrical engineer in an operating petro-chemical industry is desired. Other industrial site experience will be considered
- 1+ years in a maintenance or plant engineering role
- Demonstrated experience in hands-on support of operations, technical and maintenance work teams
- Technical strength and field engineering skills
- Excellent planning and execution abilities that will deliver results and meet quality, cost, and schedule
- Strong PC skills
- Professional written and verbal communication
Candidates with alternate combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Acuren is a non-destructive testing, inspection and engineering firm focused on supporting mechanical integrity and inspection programs for clients in the Petrochemical, Refinery, Pipeline, Pulp & Paper, Power Generation, Pharmaceutical, Aerospace, and Automotive industries. We have over 3,000 skilled employees and a network of 90 local offices across North America dedicated to supporting our client’s inspection needs.
What we offer:
We offer work in a fast-paced, growing company with potential for career advancement, personal development and growth. Along with challenging learning opportunities, you will find competitive compensation, a comprehensive health and welfare plan (medical, dental, STD, LTD, and life insurance), paid vacation and sick leave, tuition reimbursement and a company RRSP or Union Pension Plan. We believe in “A Higher Level of Reliability” in everything we do. For our employees, this means providing a safe and respectful workplace and a steady job with opportunities to learn and grow.
We Support an Equal Opportunity Workplace:
Acuren supports a diverse workforce and is a member of the Federal Contractors Program for Employment Equity. Consideration for employment is based upon capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Work permits may be secured for qualified candidates.
Prospective employees must be able to perform all tasks as detailed on the complete Job Description; be Fit for Duty at all times and be able to comply with our Fleet Safety Program and the Canadian Model for Providing a Safe Workplace which includes alcohol and drug testing under the following circumstances: site pre-access testing; post-accident testing; reasonable suspicion testing; site random testing; and post rehabilitation testing.
If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please visit our website at www.acuren.com and go to the Careers tab. Follow the Careers Opportunity link and use the keyword search “Electrical Engineer.” To apply, please submit your resume online.
Thank you, we appreciate your interest in a career at Acuren; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further information. Agency services are not required at this time.
- 11 months ago