OpenText Enterprise Information Management (EIM) technologies and business solutions allow organizations to take full advantage of enterprise information to gain better business insight, capitalize on opportunities to positively impact the business, improve process velocity, reduce risks related to information governance, and protect sensitive information and intellectual property from internal leaks and external threats. With growing volumes and a host of formats to manage and leverage, organizations need to bring structure to the unstructured. By doing so, they will be unleashing the power of information to drive faster decision making, improved agility, strong security policies, and an increased ability to both exploit the opportunities and control the risks of enterprise information.
OpenText provides solutions across the entire range of core EIM capabilities – sophisticated, secure, high-value, and cost-effective – onsite, via mobile devices, private cloud, or in the cloud.
Purpose of Position:
The Director, Corporate Employee Communications is responsible for driving the development and implementation of a comprehensive corporate employee communications strategy. This individual will provide strategic communication counsel and advice to OpenText’s executive and key internal stakeholders.
- Lead development and execution of corporate employee communications strategies:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop messaging and manage strategies to align stakeholders and employees.
- Develop and promote the vision & strategy for employee communications.
- Act as advisor and conduit for departmental leaders & other client-constituents on knowledge management and communications.
- Manage and drive internal communications requirements to promote engagement, develop alignment, and build awareness of corporate themes to achieve the company’s strategic goals.
- Provide communications consulting to key business partners and develop coalitions across functions.
- Build and sustain excellent relationships at multiple levels, and be a trusted adviser.
- Translate business requirements into employee communications programmes.
- Support key strategic initiatives and change management.
- Continually measure, monitor, assess and evaluate the Internal Communications strategy, effectiveness and impact on key business and brand messages.
- Coach, develop and manage a team of professionals comprised of communications, intranet & knowledge management.
- Responsible for corporate intranet and knowledge management of corporate policies, procedures, and communications; ensures accuracy, timeliness and consistency of content and messaging.
- Responsible for content management strategies, plans, methodologies, and processes.
- Responsible for the development and execution of the employee communications strategy for merger & acquisition events.
Skills and Knowledge:
- A proven track record and extensive related experience.
- Minimum 10 years progressive responsibility in internal communications, corporate communications, or public relations or related disciplines.
- Ability to work with and manage to ambiguity – dealing with issues, problems, or events that do not always have a process, system or solution in place.
- Possess a strategic mindset.
- Experienced people manager - leading a department team; including coaching and the ability to motivate a team with diverse skill sets and areas of focus.
- Experienced in developing communications and content for a highly virtual audience & a globally distributed workforce.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment to produce results quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to deliver high quality work under pressure or during times of crisis.
- Ability to articulate information in an audience appropriate manner to a variety of constituents.
- Strong organizational and project management skills and the ability to manage a large amount of detail and work volume.
- Experienced with such technologies as web content management, document management, and social workplace technologies (wikis, communities, social media, etc.).
- Experienced in intranet development, design, and site operations.
- A demonstrated grasp of evolving communication channels, including emerging new media.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong influencing skills.
- A positive customer-centric attitude.
- Self-starter with high energy.
- Experience with a publically traded high-tech company.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required, Master’s degree preferred.
For more information about Open Text and Open Text job opportunities, visit http://www.opentext.com/2/global/company-careers.html
OpenText is an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation. At OpenText we acknowledge, value and respect diversity. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad global customer base.
As a technology company, we can only be as good as the people who are part of our team. To that end, we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world!
If you may require accommodation in completing the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our toll free number 877-201-7127.
If you are contacted regarding this position, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Open Text Corp.
- 9 months ago