Engineering Manager, Software Development
Waterloo, ONTARIO (relocation considered)
About NCR Corporation
NCR Corporation (NYSE:
NCR) is a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. NCR’s assisted- and self-service solutions and comprehensive support services address the needs of retail, financial, travel, healthcare, hospitality, entertainment, gaming and public sector organizations in more than 100 countries. NCR (www.ncr.com) is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia.
We are searching for an exceptional individual to lead a NCR Solution software engineering team based out of Waterloo, Ontario. He/she will manage and mentor a team of talented software designers, developers and testing engineers who are focused on application development. They will be involved in driving the Agile software development process of NCR Payments Solutions development.
This person will be challenged with the demand for this complex, feature rich application in a fast-paced Agile programming environment, while ensuring that solution remains a stable and reliable solution for NCR’s financial customers. He/she will be leading new development, upgrades and fixes, as well as customer-specific integration requirements.
- Assure successful completion of software development projects, on time and within budget
- Develop and establish operational objectives
- Interact with our customers providing leadership in solution direction as it relates to customer requirements
- Participate in development of product design strategy
- Provide one-on-one coaching/development to the Development Team
- Identify alternatives to issues that have a significant impact on meeting objectives, analyzing the alternatives, and selecting one or more alternatives that best support prescribed objectives
- Assess the competitiveness of opportunities for new technologies
- Interface with the NCR Engineering community in order to identify and promote synergy in development
- Follow and analyze market and competitive trends to ensure new products meet market/customer needs
- Assess and make judgments about the technical competence of team members
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to inspire and promote teamwork
- Ability to aggregate multiple requirements and find alternative solutions to conflicting demands
- Be decisive
- Ability to constructively set limits with both internal and external customers
- Ability to anticipate consequences and exercise good judgment
- Engineering Graduate; preferably Computer Science
- Previous experience working in an Agile environment is a must
- Minimum 8 years of progressive experience in software engineering, developing products for multiple clients
- Previous experience managing a team of 15+ people, responsible for employee assessment, development and mentoring; as either a manager, supervisor or team leader
- Development experience in a Microsoft Windows environment
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Programming experience with JAVA or J2EE in a Websphere Cluster or Microsoft .NET environment
- 10 to 15 years professional experience in software development technologies
- Experience managing a software development group in the creation of complex software applications
- Knowledge of software testing practices and processes
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies:
NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Jun 7, 2012, 11:
- 12 months ago