Healing the healthcare system starts with you. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Provider Technologies - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
McKesson Provider Technologies delivers comprehensive solutions with the power to change the way healthcare is provided. Our capabilities extend beyond healthcare IT software to include automation and robotics, business process re-engineering, analytics and other services that connect healthcare providers, physicians, payors and patients across all care settings. Over 50 percent of U.S. hospitals use our solutions on a daily basis. We're also a leader in solutions that manage complex financial information and optimize resources and supply chain management. Ultimately, we're helping the system run smoother so that healthcare works for all of us.
This position is responsible for providing remote systems support and maintenance for mission-critical Radiology imaging and workflow systems that are deployed at customer facilities around the world.
- Resolve customer requests that are initiated through multiple support channels, including: telephone and online support request submissions
- Troubleshoot complex issues on production RIS and PACS radiology systems which utilize some of the following technologies: proprietary McKesson software, Local & Wide Area Networks, Windows Servers and workstations, Enterprise-class hardware & storage systems, and Oracle databases
- Liaison with internal teams, including R&D, Technical Response, Systems Engineering, Production & Installation, and Sales as required to deliver on customer requests
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance and systems administration functions at customer facilities
- Create a world-class customer experience while delivering on support requests through active communication and development of solid customer relationships
- Contribute to a fast-paced and highly collaborative team based work environment
- Ability to develop in-depth product knowledge and a commitment to continuous learning and personal development.
- Travel, on occasion, to customer sites to participate in system upgrades and provide on-site support
- Ability to work on a rotating shift schedule to provide team coverage over the hours of 5:00am to 6:00pm PST.
- Ability to provide on-call pager support that is scheduled on a rotating basis with intervals of 8-10 weeks between shifts. Overtime compensation and a stipend are provided for on-call work.
Recent graduates with exceptional customer service and technical skills. Entry level IT experience.
Computer technology background and experience with the maintenance, troubleshooting, and support of mission-critical hardware and software systems.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent verbal and speaking skills in the language that support will be provided.
- Solid written business communication skills
- Strong customer service skills and ability to interact effectively with different audiences, including Information Technology Analysts and Clinical Radiology staff, including PACS Administrators, Technologists, and Physicians.
- Highly developed organization skills and an ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Networking fundamentals, including Ethernet, TCP/IP, WAN
- Knowledge and/or experience in Enterprise-class servers, workstations, and RAID storage systems and underlying technologies, including: server system management and Windows system administration.
- Knowledge and/or experience in supporting large, complex software packages; including designing configurations, identifying defects and workarounds, and troubleshooting integration issues.
Bachelors degree or Technical diploma or equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience
General Office Demands
The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson Corp. on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson Corp. attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.
By providing your application to McKesson Corp. you hereby consent to McKesson Corp. obtaining personal information regarding you that is related to the position applied for. You also consent to McKesson Corp. transferring your application details to our recruitment partners for their review and assistance. You also consent to McKesson Corp. keeping your application on file for 6 years. McKesson Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. The information on this site is for information purpose only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
- 12 months ago