Infrastructure Service Line Group Lead
Avanade - Montréal, QC
This job posting is no longer available on Avanade Inc..
Infrastructure Service Line Group Lead(Job Number:
The IS Service Line Group Lead role is responsible for Service Line support and growth for the designated Account Group(s) and for People / Career Management within the IS Service Line – this is in addition to their customer facing role on client engagements.
The IS Group Lead serves as the primary point of assisted navigation for the Account Groups and is accountable for the Service Line’s support of the Account Group’s growth. This includes ensuring that appropriately qualified and integrated teams are available to staff projects and business development pursuits. A significant amount of customer facing activity will be required of the Group Lead, positioning Service Line solutions and strategies at the most senior levels and providing a perspective that differentiates/integrates the expertise of the Service Line as required.
The IS Group Lead manages a “tree” of Career Managers, providing guidance and support in Service Line people development/management efforts and supporting various annual review process responsibilities for the people aligned to their designated Account Group.
PRIMARY RESPONSIISLITIES AND OBJECTIVES:
Business & Commercial
- Provide core leadership within IS Service Line go to market and solution strategy and execution. The Group Lead is expected to be an expert in articulating IS Service Line value proposition and key differentiators in marketing and business activities.
- Ensure Account Group’s ability to efficiently deliver against customer requirements and timelines within contractual constraints. Establish the strategies, goals & objectives for the Practice.
- Champion Inter and Intra-Service Line integration
- Implement practices and discipline to manage employee utilization
People & Organization
- Working with Service Line leadership, Recruiting, and Human Resources, and in support of Service Line strategic goals, the Group Lead will recruit, develop, and terminate service line resources effectively to optimize workforce supply with customer demands. Accountable for group’s competency plan based on current technical and solution readiness vs. Account Group sales and delivery demands.
- Work with Service Line Operations Lead to arbitrate priorities for staff positioning on customer projects, business development activities and internal investments initiatives.
- Implement performance management processes to develop, reward, and retain high performers and coach or release poor performers.
- Supports the career and performance management program and processes for the consultant workforce aligned to their designated Account Group. Steward career progression and development plans for Service Line staff. Manage the Service Line skill profile to build and improve current and future delivery capability. Provide guidance and supervision of Service Line Career Managers aligned within their Account Group.
- Leverage HR and Recruiting to attract and establish talent pipeline and meet recruiting targets.
- Maintain and strengthen the Avanade, Area, IS Service Line and Account Group culture and identity to foster a strong sense of connection and belonging. Ensure the demands of the business are balanced with a positive and constructive employee environment.
- Grow and maintain a motivated high performance team.
- Promote continuous knowledge sharing and re-use of best practices across the Area and Global Service Line.
- Identify, mentor, and develop Career Leads / Career Managers.
Customer & Solutions
- Support the development of new business proposals. Act as the single point of assisted navigation and accountability for OU/Account Group support by the Service Line. Responsible for supporting deal shaping within the IS Service Line for the Account Group(s), including pricing and resource estimates for projects.
- Maintain alignment between customer needs and Avanade technical practice capabilities.
- Maintain breadth of expertise in appropriate Avanade assets and solutions.
- Provide input to Avanade’s engineering team on development and maintenance of intellectual assets.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Accenture Market Unit Alliance Lead and Client Partner levels, and with Microsoft District leadership levels.
- Assist the Marketing and Business Development team in establishing Avanade brand awareness, market credibility, and potential business opportunities through analyst and press interviews, publishing, and speaking engagements.
- Proven track record in leading the sales and delivery of consulting projects using Microsoft technologies
- Established leadership and management experience through leading large teams of developers/engineers
- Proven aISlity to articulate complex business and technical concepts to senior level executives (CIO, CTO, Chief Architects) is a plus.
Additional Area, Region or SL specific requirements
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated expertise in design and implementation of Microsoft Infrastructure solutions
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft-based private cloud solutions
- Demonstrated experience with solution shaping and pre-sales assistance
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and project delivery
- Ability to design and implement System Center Products (SCCM / SCOM / SCVMM / SCSM / SCO)
- Good knowledge of ITIL or Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF)
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to articulate technical issues and activities to technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and assignments while maintaining a high level of quality
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to travel
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, or related field
- Industry recognized certifications and memberships (MCSE, MSTS, MSITP, etc.)
The ideal candidate must have strong knowledge and practical experience with the design and implementation of at least three of the following technologies, strategies, and activities:
- Windows server operating systems (Windows Server 2013 / 2008)
- Windows client operating systems (Windows 8 / 7/ Vista / XP)
- Office 365
- Exchange Server (2013 / 2010)
- Lync Server (2013 / 2010)
- Active Directory Services
- SharePoint Server (2013 / 2010)
- Design and implementation of application infrastructure (BizTalk / SQL / TFS / CRM)
- Virtualization technologies (Server and Application)
PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND (EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS, YEARS OF EXPERIENCE)
Primary Location :
- University degree recommended
- Established consulting expertise with 10+ years experience
- 1+ years services consulting leadership experience
- Experience working in multiple geographies (strongly preferred)
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Type :
Capability Group :
Con/Sol - Infrastructure
- 2 years ago
View Indeed in: Mobile - Classic