Who we are:
Hayes Stewart Little & Co is the largest independent CA firm on Vancouver Island with offices in Victoria, Duncan, Nanaimo, and Port Alberni offering a full range of assurance, accounting, business advisory, taxation, business valuation, turnaround management and insolvency services.
Our clients cover a wide range of industries including manufacturing, property development, technology, retail, professionals, construction, public sector, government sponsored programs, resource based, and not-for-profit entities . We offer big firm experience within a local firm environment that respects and promotes work life balance and life-long learning.
Through our partnership with Hayes McNeill & Partners Ltd. (HMP) we also provide corporate and personal insolvency and restructuring services. Our insolvency team is experienced in all aspects of financial reorganizations and has aided companies and individuals with difficult financial decisions for over thirty years.
We are seeking a manager to oversee our assurance and non-assurance engagements in accordance with our Firm and professional standards. They will also have increased responsibilities and accountability for staff development, supervision and engagement.
Who you are:
You are a qualified CA with 1-3 years post-qualification experience as a manager/senior manager. You are a self-motivated, creative individual with a passion for learning and an aptitude for problem solving. You have:
- exceptional professional judgement, customer service and analytical skills
- strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- demonstrated organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
- Apply all relevant technical knowledge to technical issues arising on client engagements and ensure the issues are addressed and appropriately documented in accordance with the appropriate professional standards and Firm policies.
- Begin to develop and build on new business opportunities with existing clients, and continually maintain a positive client relationship.
- Complete the detailed review of assurance and non-assurance engagements and Assurance and Accounting projects to ensure that the engagement / project is in accordance with the relevant professional standards and Firm policies.
- Conduct or provide input into staff performance reviews.
- Develop the skills, capabilities and potential of less experienced staff through supervision, coaching, mentoring, knowledge transfer, internal training delivery, and assignment of challenging work opportunities.
- Apply appropriate industry / business knowledge in anticipating, identifying and addressing issues relevant to the client's business.
- Effectively plan, supervise and execute assurance and non-assurance engagements and projects in accordance with all relevant professional standards and Firm policies.
- Maintain proficiency in the accounting, assurance, quality control and ethical standards applicable to the client base, including recent changes to those standards.
- Manage the efficient completion of assurance and non-assurance engagements and projects within required budgets and deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Work independently on special assignments and more difficult corporate or tax assignments according to business needs.
The Vancouver Island region is situated less than 20 minutes by air from Vancouver and Seattle. Thanks to the warming currents of the Pacific Ocean and the protection of the Coast Mountains, the Vancouver Island region has the mildest climate in Canada.
Internationally renowned for warm hospitality, gorgeous scenery, and exceptional activities and attractions, Vancouver Island was named the #1 island in Canada in the 2011 Condé Nast Traveler magazine's reader survey!
If you are looking to work in a growing practice with real opportunities for advancement, we invite you to talk to us. We are currently accepting applications for positions in our Duncan office. Applications can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 11 months ago