Apotex - Toronto, ON
This job posting is no longer available on Apotex.
**Please note this position is for Afternoons, Midnights or Shift Rotation**
The Technician, Warehouse is responsible for:
- physical receiving, inspecting, cleaning, sorting, labelling and storing of all inbound materials
- supplying materials (raw, semi-finished, components and finished goods) to manufacturing, packaging and other internal customers
- performing shift start inspections and assisting in maintenance of material handling systems.
- contribute individually and as a team member to achieve the Apotex 2010 Strategic Plan.
- working in accordance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act (Ontario), Apotex Health and Safety policies and Safe Work Procedures (SWPs), Safety Charter and departmental safety expectations and programs.
Physical Receiving & Put Away
Exceptional Movements of Products:
- Unload, verify, inspect, clean, sort and receive in SAP all raw materials and, components using appropriate MHE (Material Handling Equipment) in a safe, compliant and efficient manner.
- Identify and take appropriate action (e.g. communicate to purchasing, initiate QNote, etc.) for exception situations e.g. under/over quantity, damaged shipment, contaminated shipment, etc.)
- Transfer products from receiving/sampling area to the appropriate location.
- Distribute received mail, documents, packages, stationary supplies, etc. to identified departments/personnel.
- Manage dock schedule by booking appointments according to production priorities and available dock capacity and provide feedback to procurement on vendor performance to schedule.
- Organize and maintain adequate quantity of receiving and warehouse supplies e.g. shipping containers, pallets, seals, labels, etc.
- Follow procedures and know logistics flow for exceptional materials/products e.g. class III/IV capsules, waste, CTS waste, CTS, fridge/freezer (i.e. refrigerated/cold temperature), Hazmat, gases.
Delivery of Material to Manufacturing, Packaging and/or other Departments:
Processing Tote & Bottle Tote Movements:
- Provide manufacturing, packaging and other departments with all necessary materials as requested and update inventory using RF and/or SAP.
- Ensure transfer orders are completed in SAP for inventory accuracy and as per service level agreement; contact various departments to escalate/resolve any issues in a timely manner.
- Locate and retrieve products to be sampled as required.
- Stage totes for transfer to other buildings and ensure empty totes are processed and moved to the appropriate location (not Richmond Hill)
- Receive and put away bottle totes to tote high bay (Etobicoke).
- Able to perform basic shipping tasks e.g. interplant shipments, outbound courier, simple deliveries, etc.).
- Perform cycle counts and maintain accurate inventory using SAP.
- Ensure all work is performed in full compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Good Documentation Practices (GDPs), Standard Operating Documents (SODs), and Safe Work Procedures (SWPs).
- Adhere to all internal and external regulations according to the Health Products and Food Branch Inspectorate (HPFBI), the Food and Drugs Administration (FDA), and all other regulatory agencies.
- Maintain assigned work areas in an audit ready state (i.e. 5S).
- Committed to corporate mission statement and initiatives (e.g. Apotex 2010).
- Participate in any internal/external audits/inspections/assessments and perform corrective actions as necessary.
- Perform additional related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalency
- Fluent in English written and oral communication
- Competent operator of MHE; knowledge of conveyors, Raymond and Cleco MHEs is an asset
- Intermediate knowledge of computer operationsSAP modules for various warehouse operations/RF/warehouse databases, access intranet, etc.
- Willing to work various shifts and/or overtime when needed
- Able to ascend and descend ladders to rack heights and operate equipment at height without fear
- Able to lift 50lbs
- 3 years ago
View Indeed in: Mobile - Classic