Beulah Alliance Church invites applications for the full-time position of Youth Pastor at our West Campus location.
This position is responsible for ministering to the congregation through developing and leading a team of adults and youth who create environments where the Holy Spirit can impact the lives of junior and senior high students.
We are looking for someone that is called to impact the lives of young people with a heart for youth evangelism and discipleship. The successful candidate will work cooperatively with our NextGen team to effectively plan and lead youth initiatives.
Beulah has a heritage of evangelistic outreach, innovative approaches to ministry and growth that spans over a 90 year history. Our desire is to be a reproducing church that creates multi-site venues throughout the city. The average weekend attendance is over 2200 and continues to grow. Beulah’s mission is to reach, teach and equip people to know, love and serve Jesus Christ. This is pursued through our lifemarks of Connecting With God, Growing Through Community and Serving Our World. For more information please visit our website at www.beulah.ca.
The Youth Pastor is responsible to/for:
- Work cooperatively with the Next Gen Team to effectively develop and implement ministry plans.
- Plan and lead youth initiatives.
- Lead and equip students and leaders to effectively run Youth Alpha.
- Experience leading effective evangelism to reach youth.
- Provide pastoral care for grade 7 – 12 students and parents for our West Campus congregation.
- Develop and mentor leaders of the west campus youth initiatives and small groups.
- Prepare and present effective teaching at youth programming.
- Participate on the Next Gen Team to help provide effective ministry for ages 0-24.
- Other duties as required or assigned by the Team Lead.
- Participation in weekend worship gatherings which could include announcements, offering and prayer.
- Administering of the ordinances and Sacraments established by the C&MA which include baptism, communion, weddings, funerals and other duties related to the office of clergy.
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Highly relational and able to coach leaders in an Eph. 4:12 ministry environment
- A passion for seeing youth know, love and serve Christ
- Experience with small groups, and effectively teaching a large group of students
- 2-5 years experience in ministry
- Graduate from a Christian College with a degree or diploma
- Proven track record of recruiting, equipping and mobilizing volunteers
- As a member of clergy must be fully licensed/accredited with the Christian and Missionary Alliance denomination in Canada
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to use standard computer office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work in a large, multi-staff setting
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement projects
- Primary spiritual gifts: leadership, teaching, shepherding
Start date: As soon as possible.
If you believe that God may be calling you to this position please submit your resume to resume @ beulah.ca. No phone calls please.