Mount Olivet Lutheran Church, a vibrant, forward thinking community of life and love in Sherwood Park, is looking for a Youth and Family Pastor.
- A special individual who has a vital and dynamic relationship with God in Christ Jesus and has a competent and knowledgeable understanding of scripture
- Someone who youth view as being “kinda cool”
- A high energy youth and family leader who is passionate about leading and mentoring our growing family ministry
- Someone who is totally cool jumping into a fast paced, evolving ministry environment
- A person who is committed to the church community and our vision for strengthening ministry through the hearts of our children and youth.
- A person who responds to youth with an attitude of “bring it on”
- A creative individual who can envision programs that energize kids and youth
- Someone who has completed at least a one year recognized Christian training program
In a nut shell, you will lead our family and youth ministries, developing and implementing programs aimed at engaging children and youth, further drawing them into a relationship with God.
- Recruit and mentor volunteers, youth leaders and student leaders.
- be responsible for weekly programming for both the family ministry and youth ministry
- Support the church community by using your creativity to help out in areas as needed
- Focus on building relationships with children, youth, church leadership and our community
- A supportive church environment filled with people who support our youth and family mission
- Strong mentorship
- The opportunity to use your creativity and passion to impact the lives of our youth and children with the good news of Jesus.
Ideally this is a single position for a uniquely qualified individual; however the potential exists to split the position into a part-time youth ministry and a part-time family ministry position.
Check us out at www. mountolivet.ca. You can also fax your resume to 780-467-5747.