Our Hamilton client is looking to hire experienced Workstation Technicians for a large project. The contract will be for 6 momths with the possibility of an extension.
The key responsibilites are as follows:
- Follows software and hardware configuration for desktops and investigates and resolves complex issues as it relates to printers, copiers and peripherals.
- Troubleshoot and contact vendors to resolve compatibility and connectivity issues related to configuration
- Install, configure and test, where needed, specialized application for departmental groups and users
- Recognize trends across configuration deployment and recommend process changes or solutions
- Help, where required, to co-ordinate small projects and initiate facility wide issue-resolution
- Ability to lift and position desktops and peripherals
3 year Information Technology (focus on Desktop configuration, network technology and hardware configuration) with Co-op
Graduation from an equivalent relevant IT formal education program with a minimum of 2 years relevant technology work experience
Competency in Window 7, XP, , and peripheral configuration
Effective listening and comprehension skills to interpret requests and resolve issues
Proven written and oral communication skills for helping/instructing users
Critical thinking skills to troubleshoot issues and recognize trends
Ability to handle multiple requests and prioritize work in a diverse and complex environment
Please respond Julia immediately.