Our government client is currently seeking a qualified candidate for a Work Description Writer position:
Security Requirement: None
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to:
· Work with the department to review, update and finalize between 6 to 12 work descriptions.
· Apply principles of organizational design to ensure a successful process throughout the consultation process
· Consult with Managers, Senior Management and employees to conduct work analysis
· Submit an initial version to be reviewed by employees, the Director of Operations Management and the Regional Directors
· Integrate comments and provide a second draft to the employees, managers, Director of Operations Management and the Regional Directors.
· Prepare evaluation rationales of required work description as required
· Provide a final version of the identified work descriptions to the Directors of Operations Management and Regional Directors to prepare a final version of each work description.
· Provide final version to the Manager of HR Planning and Training in a MSWord 2007 electronic format
· Secondary school diploma is required
· Certificate, diploma, or degree in a related field from a recognized post-secondary institution is required
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience within the last 10 years providing work description writing within the Federal Government of Canada.
· Experience writing work descriptions within the Treasury Board – Classification Guidelines and Standards.
· Must be bilingual to the extent that they can communicate both orally and in writing in both official languages to respect the Official Languages Act.
· Must have recent (within the last five years) experience in writing PM (program administration), ENG (engineering) and TI (technical inspector) classification standards type work descriptions within a regulatory context.
· Experience in organizational design within the Federal Government. A minimum of one (1) project that was completed and that contains the following: assessment of work; designing organizational charts; and conducting focus groups.