Position Title Window 7 Migration Specialist (6 month contract)
Team Technology Services
Position Location 30 Adelaide Street East, Toronto
Reports to Manager – Technical Support Services
About Us - Dundee Real Estate Management Corp.
Dundee is an exceptionally dynamic and entrepreneurial organization. We seek out the best in everything we do. Our team is knowledgeable, diligent and dedicated and we share a real passion for our business and the desire to excel. Dundee is grounded in core organizational values including integrity, respect, fairness, transparency and accountability.
Our employees are our greatest asset and we are committed to providing a dynamic and rewarding environment in which our employees can thrive, including: promoting teamwork, communication, creativity and productivity; rewarding employees with professional and personal growth; encouraging continuous learning opportunities; providing competitive recognition and rewards programs; and, supporting a culture that values and respects employees and their ideas.
Dundee is seeking an experienced individual to lead the migration of approximately 800 laptops and desktops to Windows 7. Ideally, this individual will have had experience performing migrations of a similar scope in the past.
- Experience with Microsoft Deployment Tools;
- Experience with Migration from Windows XP to Windows 7;
- Building Task Sequences to handle the deployment of Windows 7;
- Windows 7 image build and management;
- Experience with Service Centre Configuration Manager is ideal, but not mandatory;
- Use of User State Migration Tool (USMT ) creation and compiled scripted migrations for XP to Windows 7 and Windows 7 to Windows 7;
- Experience with Windows 7 security (UAC) and local Group Policy Settings; and
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy.