Helical Pier Systems is seeking a CWB Welding Supervisor to join our team in Fort St. John, BC.
If you are energetic and excited to work as part of a team, focused on providing exceptional customer service, completing each job to the highest standards and want to contribute your skills and experience within a growing and dynamic industry, then we want to hear from you! You'll be rewarded with the opportunity to work for a dynamic and growing company, a work environment where feeling valued and respected is an expectation, career advancement opportunities and a competitive benefit and compensation package.
While adhering to standard safety and quality operational policies and procedures, the CWB Welding Supervisor is responsible for the quality of all products leaving the manufacturing line. While managing the welding procedures carried out at the facility they will provide supervision to all shop personal. They will also maintain all required records to ensure the shops CWB certification is within compliance at all times.
Conditions of employment include:
- CWB Supervisor course
- Experience as Welding Supervisor or Welding Examiner
- Experience preparing Work Scope Packages
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
- Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies
- Have the ability to identify raw materials
- Be familiar with the production process, qc inspection process
- Skilled at using equipment such as – grinders, torches, stick, and wire feed welding equipment
- Splice Welding may be part of the job but requires additional certification
- Must pass a pre-employment 50lb Physical Fitness and Drug & Alcohol test
- Quality and consistency in their welds is a must. Most welding is done in the flat position and in such all materials are rolled and welded
- Class 5 driver’s license with clean drivers abstract
- Prefer 2+ years previous experience in the CWB welding supervisor role
Please note this is a full time shop position. You must live in Fort St. John or the surrounding area or be willing to relocate.
Our Company offers engineering, manufacturing, installation, equipment design and creation for foundation systems within residential, commercial, oil & gas, utility and industrial markets. A world leader, our equipment sales, maintenance and tooling division are unique and offer services no one else in the industry provides. With a proven track record and the drive to be an industry leader, we are committed to providing high quality innovative and engineered foundation products to a diverse market.
We thank all interested candidates who apply and show interest in our organization, however only those being considered will be contacted directly for an interview. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.