Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Certified Welder/Fitter in the Guelph area
The Ideal candidate will have:
- 10 years of experience in a large metal fabrication, custom welding environment (high mix)
- Lay out, fit and weld large fabrications including tanks, frames, drums, structural steel beams etc.
- Weld components using Flux Core Arc Welding and other methods
- Cut work pieces (using saws and torches), operate oxy-acetylene plate bevellers and metal grinding as required
- Participate in a variety of heavy assembly and test work
- Perform dimensional inspections using various measuring devices including verniers, measuring tapes, micrometers etc.
- Good working knowledge of EHS practices including safe workplace conduct, safe material handling procedures, safe operation of machinery, personal protective equipment
- Material handling
- Field work and travel may be required
- Strong work ethic. Must be able to work independently and/or as part of a team
Qualified candidates must have valid welding tickets in MIG, TIG, Flux Core and Stick plus the following:
- Completion on College or vocational/technical training
- WHMIS Certification
- Valid Forklift Certification with experience in hoists
- Red Seal Endorsements in Welding and Metal Fabrication
- First Aid Certification with CPR
- Experience in welding flat, horizontal, vertical and overhead positions
- Understanding of engineering drawings and blueprints
- Experience in semi-automatic welding equipment
Hourly rate of $24/hour plus 4% vacation paid weekly
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please reply with your resume in Word format Attn: Terry Gracey
Since 1951, Drake has helped organisations solve wide-ranging human performance problems, staff their organisations efficiently and...