The successful candidate will be involved in team-based development of web-based tools for supporting the online learning environment, administrative systems & applications, and will participate in website and database deployment and migration. The developer will also be responsible for exploring and supporting various vendor technologies. The developer should be familiar with educational technologies for use in distance/online course creation and delivery, integration technology standards, learning and content management systems.
The developer will also, from time to time, be involved in technology exploration and research. Excellent communication skills are required to provide technical support for staff. This includes the ability to listen to and explain and document technical concepts for a broad range of computer users. Strong interpersonal, time management skills and proven ability to effectively work as member of a team is essential.
- Responsible for management of multiple web sites
- Gather, assess and translate end-user requirements into system specifications
- Develop and maintain: websites, databases, services, documentation
- Work closely with CEL staff as well as various IST and partner stakeholders across campus on systems related issues.
- Write and run reports and queries
- Degree in a quantitative discipline such as computing and information science or equivalent combination of education and work experience is required.
- Web development experience with .NET is an asset.
- Experience with web site design and familiarity with UX principles required.
- Working knowledge of database and web server technologies (i.e. MySQL, SQL server, Apache, IIS) is required.
- Experience with database design including an understanding of data normalization and how databases interact with web application technologies to provide dynamic web content is required.
- Demonstrated work experience with team-based web development principles and best practices is an asset.
- Experience with learning management systems, instructional technologies in general, Desire2Learn, SharePoint and Drupal are an asset.
- Must have superior problem solving and analytical skills with a strong attention to detail.
- A proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a busy environment is essential.
Detailed Job Description: http://www.hr.uwaterloo.ca/.jd/00005426.html
Interested applicants please apply through http://mycareer.uwaterloo.ca/ Job ID# 1739
Indeed - 22 months ago
The University of Waterloo is a comprehensive public university in the city of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. The school was founded in 1957 and...