MTE Logistix, a growing company in the 3rd-party logistics and contract warehousing industry with its base in Edmonton, is looking to add a Warehouse Supervisor to its existing leadership team.
Reporting to the Site Manager the successful incumbent should have superior verbal and written communication skills, and the skills needed to connect with a team and motivate employees. Candidates must have the demonstrated ability to train and manage staff. The ability to be hands-on involved in multiple projects and tasks is also key to the success of this position
This position is responsible for satisfying the needs of our customers and meeting company success goals by managing warehouse people, space, and time in the most productive and efficient manner possible.
- Accomplishes warehouse human resource objectives by orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Meets warehouse operational standards by contributing warehouse information to strategic plans and reviews; productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying warehouse system improvements.
- Meets warehouse financial standards by identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Moves inventory by scheduling materials to be moved to and from warehouse; coordinating inventory transfers with related departments.
- Maintains storage area by organizing floor space; adhering to storage design principles; recommending improvements.
- Maintains inventory by conducting monthly physical counts; reconciling variances.
- Secures warehouse by turning alarms on; testing systems.
- Keeps equipment operating by enforcing operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; requiring preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Accomplishes warehouse and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Supervision (up to 15 employees), Safety Management, Dependability, Reporting Skills, Analyzing Information , Dealing with Complexity, Deadline-Oriented, Time Management, Equipment Maintenance, Organization
Experience in a unionized environment and large warehouse space (200,000 sq ft) would be an asset.
We provide our staff with the best in:
Comprehensive health and dental benefits
Company pension plan
Above all we offer a great place to build a successful career!
Join us today!