The Edmonton Retail Support Centre has an opening for a Warehouse Supervisor. Shift will be Sunday night to Wednesday morning working 7:00 p.m. – 5:00 a.m.
Qualifications: The following are preferred or desired unless specifically stated:
- 3 to 5 years Logistics / Warehousing experience is required.
- Post secondary degree / College or University
- 5 "S" Lean Distribution knowledge desired
- Works well in a team environment (combined with union and non-union staff)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Cultivate a positive and innovative work environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Computer skills which include Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook email, mainframe systems, EXE
- Must be highly motivated in a fast paced changing environment to provide superior service to our customers
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising warehouse employees (direct the workforce)
- Work to achieve annual budget
- Work on developing a successfully implemented 5 “s” and Lean Distribution process
- Assist with weekly work schedules
- Administration of labour standards system
- Releasing Safeway/Independent customer orders
- Conduct daily audits of order assemblers
- Conduct daily 5 S audits.
- Order investigations
- Employee evaluations, disciplines, etc.
- Assist inventory control with inventory, receiving concerns, etc.
- Co-ordinate shipping goal times with Transportation Department
- Train new hires and monitor work progress during probationary period
- Create a safe workplace and ensure all safety practices are in place and adhered to
The HEART of Safeway. People. Products. Community. Planet.
Canada Safeway Ltd. is an innovative Fortune 50 company and is one of the...