The Edmonton Retail Support Centre has an opening for a Warehouse Supervisor. Shift will be Sunday night to Wednesday morning working 7:00 p.m. – 5:00 a.m.
Qualifications: The following are preferred or desired unless specifically stated:
- 3 to 5 years Logistics / Warehousing experience is required.
- Post secondary degree / College or University
- 5 "S" Lean Distribution knowledge desired
- Works well in a team environment (combined with union and non-union staff)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Cultivate a positive and innovative work environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Computer skills which include Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook email, mainframe systems, EXE
- Must be highly motivated in a fast paced changing environment to provide superior service to our customers
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising warehouse employees (direct the workforce)
- Work to achieve annual budget
- Work on developing a successfully implemented 5 “s” and Lean Distribution process
- Assist with weekly work schedules
- Administration of labour standards system
- Releasing Safeway/Independent customer orders
- Conduct daily audits of order assemblers
- Conduct daily 5 S audits.
- Order investigations
- Employee evaluations, disciplines, etc.
- Assist inventory control with inventory, receiving concerns, etc.
- Co-ordinate shipping goal times with Transportation Department
- Train new hires and monitor work progress during probationary period
- Create a safe workplace and ensure all safety practices are in place and adhered to