- Managing all day-to-day duties in the warehouse.
- Maintain/improve inventory accuracy (Via Cycle counts)
- Ensure direct reports are suitably trained (OTJ and Formal training, i.e. forklift trained)
- Ensure that all customer orders go out as per the set promise date.
- Work with freight forwarders/trucking companies to ensure that we receive value added service, both financially and effectively.
- Work with international brokers to ensure international orders are handled smoothly.
- Identifying the need for overtime as needed.
- Conduct employee performance reviews, as well as disciplinary actions if required
- Facilitate departmental meetings, as well as take part in the management meetings.
- Participate in the company quality and safety procedures, including safety meetings and safety awareness programs, and ensure all direct reports do as well.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with established corporate standards
- May be required to travel to Red Deer distribution Centre.
- Other duties as assigned
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in positive or negative situations.
- Able to deal with conflict within warehouse team as well as between other departments
- Experience using software including MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems considered an asset. (Navision)
Indeed - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard